Monday, October 13, 2008

Crafty Secrets Challenge ... Homemade Designer Paper


Hello all ... thanks so much for stopping by!!


It is my turn again to host the Crafty Secrets Challenge over on the SCS forum. I thought it might be fun to see what the ladies came up with if I ask them to make their own designer paper to be used on their card/project. These ladies are all so talented, I'm sure I've going to be very impressed with what they create!!
For my card, I chose to use the Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas set to create my background. I stamped this sentiment stamp onto Whisper White cs using Old Olive ink ... then, stippled real red, summer sun, old olive & pacific point over the words to give it the glow of christmas tree lights. The image is from the Crafty Secrets - Christmas booklet which I matted with Pacific Point cs and used a little stickles on the snow & berries for sparkle. The bird above the bow is from the same stamp set ... I stamped it onto glossy white and colored it in with SU inks ... then popped him up atop the pretty Michael's red velvet ribbon.
Making your own background paper is so much fun and ties into your theme so perfectly when you are using the stamps/sentiments all from the same set! You can also get the color combination you desire when YOU are the creator!! Thanks for looking and PLEASE ... come play the challenge with us ... we have great fun! Every once in a while, even LUCY & ETHEL show up ... really!!!


11 comments:

  1. Oh Darlene, this is just so romantic looking and has a wonderful vintage feel to it. I just love seeing your work all the time. You are truly an inspiration! thanks for sharing all your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i had time to go find this challenge on SCS and do it! This card is so nice! I have to check out this stamp company I don't think I have heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post Darlene! Love your vintage card. It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - your own DP! It looks great - love all the colours!
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! I am going to try and participate this week!!! I miss all of ya's! (chat with you over at SCS!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just borrowed some CS stamps to play with, your stuff is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene;

    I love the vintage feel of this! It is diffently a romantic card and it is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, what a great idea. I love your paper and of course I love Crafty Secrets. Great job!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful vintage card! I love all your creations...just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty, Dar! I love how that red ribbon just pops on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous Christmas card Darlene!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.