Saturday, June 20, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #6


Better late then never they say!!


I finally got my card completed for Priscilla's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #6 which was posted on Wednesday. I had to give this one a little extra thought and for some reason, nothing was coming to me!! Well, in the middle of the night, I decided I should use this cute image for my focus! Aren't these babies cute???? Would you believe this is me (the little one) and my sister Linda who is 13 months older than me. (Hence the name panels in the upper right corner.)



Now those were the days when your mom could put you out in the wash bucket for your bathtime ... LOL!!!




My base card is Whisper White and the designer paper is by K&Company. The wider B&W plaid ribbon is from Michael's and the thinner B&W gingham is by Sweet Petites. The B&W flowers are by The Paper Studio and the brads are all from Making Memories. I've used the SU word window to punch out the tabs used for my hand written names.



In case you're interested the approximate time frame of this image is 1952. My how time flies!! I can't believe I'm even sharing a close-up of me in this picture. I just think it's so funny I wanted to share it with you all!!
I think I'll be sending this card to my sister. She just turned 60 last week and I made her a card but I really think she'll get a charge out of seeing this! AWE ... wonderful memories!! We have shared so many!!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. If you haven't yet checked out this challenge ... you are missing all the FUN & GOODIES!! Please click the link above in this post or the link on my sidebar. Hope you are having a great day!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Awww, have to agree about time flies. You were a cute baby, so is your sister!! I love the card and the thought behind it. Thank you so much for playing with us and sharing this.

    Carolyn
    MMDT member
    Great Blog Candy Giveaway Throughout June!
    http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, For sure sent that to your sister! I too ponder over what to create. That was a stroke of genius to put both your names in the upper right corner like a crossword puzzle. THANK YOU for your continued support at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.

    Jane, MMDT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just SO precious and an absolute keepsake! Your sister will really love it! :) Thank you for playing along with us. We love having you each week! :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. First thing that comes to my mind is....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEEET!!! almost brought a tear to my eyes..those kinds of pictures are priceless!!! THANK YOU for playing this week...as always..just a joy and pleasure to visit your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dar, she will love this! It's a wonderful picture and a spectacular card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute! What a fun card and such a treasured memory. Thanks for sharing! Thanks for all your support regarding my work situation. I worked all day yesterday, and thankfully, no one yelled at me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, I'm so glad you always join us each week. I ALWAYS look forward to your cards. Thanks for making it great! best, Jeni, MMDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cute Darlene!!! What a cute photo of you and your sister!!! What a treasure! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, this is such a cute card and great reminder of past years. I am sure that your sister will appreciate this special moment of the 2 of you.

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card for the sketch challenge! Love the picture! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd have to take time to think about that sketch, too! It's a doozie! What a cute picture! Are you in your birthday suit there???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.