Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Crafty Secrets - Favorites +5

Time for another Crafty Secrets challenge over on the SCS forum. Lori is our hostess this week and she has asked us to use our FAVORITE Crafty Secrets product and add 5 embellishments to our creation.
One of my favorite Crafty Secrets products are their Cotton Scraps. Unfortunately I've heard they are not going to be carrying them any longer so I will certainly treasure those that I have remaining. This is a cotton scrap from the Vintage Christmas sheet ... I have added red Stickles to the holly berries for a little extra sparkle. The "All is Calm , All is Bright" sentiment is also from that same pack. I've simply cut it apart to use it in 2 locations on my card. The background is one of the new holiday Cuttlebug folders (the new larger one) and I've used gold Stickles around the edge. My tree & ornament embellishments are chipboard forms from K&Co. The snowflakes were made using an old Creative Memories snowflake punch and added gold Stickles to the centers. I've added a little gold organza bow on top of the ornament for a touch of softness.
Hope you like my creation. Now I really need to get off the computer and get my decorating started!! I have a group of ladies coming on Friday for a "Holiday Get Together" and I'm not even close to being ready!! Guess I'd better quit "playing" and get "working"!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I know I'm behind on my blog commenting ... I haven't forgotten you all ... just been busy ... I'll be stopping by your blogs real soon!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Darlene! Love the one you did for Midnight Madness, too--such a beautiful angel!

    Glad you're having a fun party--wish I could crash it! You'll have to share some of your decorating for Christmas--would love to see what you do! Hope you have a lovely day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI DARLENE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your creation!! Hope all is well with you and you are getting excited about Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This vintage card is stunning too! I love the gold stickles. YOur snowflakes are great in the striking red. Just incredible, my friend!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, just brilliant!
    Wish I could gatecrash your party!!
    Have a great time!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Darlene this is wonderful, I LOVE the texture!!! Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Darlene. I too love these cotton images.. I just got some and I love them.. Sad to hear they will no longer have them.. CB folders are larger now??? Where have I been.. It is about time.. Hope your week is great..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card... Crafty Secrets is one of my all time favoriteS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful..Love the image and the design is wonderful..Very lovely work...
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Darlene....pretty amazing sweetie : )

    Love your embellishments, that embossing and those pretty red snowflakes in the corner...perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Miss Darlene...sorry I haven't been around to see you lately, have a few problems here but nothing serious...just time consuming. Yikes..I hate to hear Crafty Secrets is not going to do the Cotton Scraps anymore as I love them too. fun card Missy and hope all is well with you. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're a busy girl! hey it's the holiday season, huh? :)

    Gorgeous card Dar, love the vintage image and all the added elements!
    Fab job!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your cards are beautiful Darlene, but these last few Christmas cards have been even more exceptional!! The angel and Santa with Baby - so, so beautiful! Have a wonderful Holiday Season! Dru

    Oh, and I LIVE your background paper - reminds me of vintage wrapping paper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Darlene! This is amazing!! I love the image and all the texture is fabulous!! So sorry I couldn't make it today :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Darlene! I hear about the busyness!!! I'm sure you will have a blast on Friday!!!! LOVE the cotton scraps...I have a couple but will hoard them now for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.