Friday, December 11, 2009

Stamp Simply Challenge - SSNOTIME117

Good Friday Afternoon everyone!! First I'd like to say thanks to those of you who shared their "well-wishes" to me during my jury duty responsibilities! It really wasn't too bad at all. Out of the whole week, I only got called in one day and although they had 3 cases to try ... only 1 required a jury! So after choosing 20 jurors (of which I was NOT included) ... the remainder of us got to go home. After checking the website last evening ... I found that my jury responsibilities had been satisfied and I was allowed to "carry on" with my life. Sheewww!
So that was all well & good but then my laptop started throwing me all kinds of warnings and had me in a panic! I instantly shut it down and called the Geek Squad ... they had me bring it in this morning and after many scans & checks ... seems all is well! Another Sheeww!!
Okay ... on to my card for today! It's time again for a Sharon Johnson Stamp Simply challenge and this week she's asked us to "alter a store bought card". What great fun this was and I have a ton of them sitting around which have come from EVERY organization we contribute to!! I use the envelopes but the cards just keep piling up ... it was nice to be able to use one. I only wished I would have thought to take a "BEFORE" picture prior to completing my creation! DUH!!!
The focus image is from the card front and I have cut it out with a swivel craft knife and mounted it onto white cs. The top & bottom borders are from the card and again using my swivel craft knife, I've cut the portions I wanted and actually put them upside down from how there were on the original card. I added dimension with Michael's peel & stick candycanes and pinwheels as well as added Liquid Applique for the whipped cream in the cocoa cup.
Although I didn't photograph it, I cut out the inside greeting of the original card using a Nestabilities Labels 4 die and placed it on the inside of my card! What a fun challenge!! Thanks Sharon ... you always come up with the best ideas!!!
Thanks everyone for stopping by! Mark & I did some of the shopping this morning for our Open House party planned for Sunday evening and I have my Guest Gifts all completed but I can't show you until Monday (not sure who's watching and don't want to ruin the surprise!). Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous job with the 'shop bought' card. Did one myself a week or so ago for a client. Naff card she bought though, wasn't too chuffed with the result.
    Yours is fab!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to alter an existing card--love what you did here--especially the whipped cream! What a clever girl you are! Glad jury duty wasn't so bad!

    Hope you're having a warm and cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dahlene - OMG - I totally love this card!!! It's truly FABULOUS!!!! Picture perfect for sure!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Darlene, this is SO adorably cute -- way to go -- JUST AMAZING! So glad you played along with the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.