Monday, December 7, 2009

Vintage Cards & Ornaments ...

I recently came across some awesome vintage images online and instantly knew I wanted to create with them. I wrote down the website but do you think I can find the piece of paper I wrote it on now!! NO!! When I find it I'll edit this post to give credit where it's due!! Isn't she beautiful!

Here is the recipe for this card:

Papers: Kraft cs, Green cs, DCWV dp
Inks: Ranger Vintage Photo
Accessories: SU Photo Corner punch, gold Stickles, ZIG 2-way glue, Prisma glitter, distresser, JoAnn's holiday ribbon, Bow Easy, sponge

Since I'm in a "VINTAGE" mood, please let me share a few vintage Christmas ornaments with you. This is ONE of the THREE wisemen that came from Mark's family. He said they came from a store that was closed before he remembers going shopping with his Mom. He's thinking late '50's ... and they were always put on the tree!! Now they are put on our tree every year!


This next ornament is one from my family. I have several older ornaments ('30's - '40's) that were my grandmothers and I hope to show those to you in another blog post ... but this is one of my favorites that was always on our family tree throughout my childhood. We always had "bubble lights" (don't know where those got off to) as well as this ornaments that have a little spinner inside and the heat from the lights would make them spin. I have TWO of these spinners but only ONE still spins ... the other one seems to have a problem that I can't figure out ... it spins when I blow into it but it won't spin when it's on the tree! Hmmm??? Anyways, I can remember always being fascinated with these ornaments and would watch them for the longest time as a child. Guess it didn't take much to amuse me!! LOL!!
If you look in the lower right corner, you will see a small circular school photo charm of a little Irish boy from the South Side of Pittsburgh, PA ... yep, that's my Mark as a young boy!
I have taken other photos of decorations throughout my home and will share them with you in bits and pieces ... I'm sure you've seen enough for today! Thanks so much for stopping by and endulging me in my love for vintage.
Hope you have a wonderful day/evening. Please stop back tomorrow when I will have my creations for the SCS Crafty Secrets Forum Challenge to share with you!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your vintage cards and what a brilliant idea to use that blog header as your card background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.