Thursday, January 16, 2014

Snowflakes . . .

Good Day my friends!
It looks like I'll be away from home most of the day, so I thought I'd quickly share a card I made last evening for this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge which is



After much thought, I decided to keep this card pretty simple and ALL ABOUT snowflakes!  I've used the CLD #DL175 Laced Pine Snowflake for the focus image(s) on this card.  After die cutting this image three times on white paper, I sponged various Tim Holtz distress inks on two of them for the coloring.  
The background paper is from a holiday DCWV 12x12 pack and I've had this Sarasota Stamps snowflake sentiment for years and had never used it!  My hugs and smiles sentiment is from Verve Stamps (#vsb-10-023 Kind Words).

A few challenges I'd like to enter into:
Paper Pretties #293 - Monochromatic
Paper Shelter #141 - Winter Blues

Well I'd better get moving!  
I'm headed to the dentist ... no problems ... routine cleaning!  Then I'm stopping by my Mom's to see how she's doing.  She took a nasty fall on the ice on Sunday (required a trip to the E.R. for a CT Scan and to see if the cut on the back of her head required stitches).  THANK GOD the scans came back clear of concussion and no stitches were required.  Now if I could just get her to sit down and put her feet up for awhile!
She'll be 84 on Jan. 27th and I can't keep up with her!!  
She's a busy lady!!

Thanks for stopping by ... have a fabulous day!
As always . . .

9 comments:

  1. I love blue and white together...Love that little touch of black. Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card...perfect for the challenge!!!!! Have wonderful day, the break will do you good....hope you find your mom well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty...what dainty snowflakes! The blue and white is just so elegant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card and I love that snowflake die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful snowflake card. Thank you for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER! Good luck and I hope you will play with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful snowy creation! Those snowflakes rock! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all I have to say that your sentiment is so sweet! I've not seen it before and I just LOVE it! The pretty snowflakes are the perfect touch here too!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us for our challenge this week at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    p.s. So glad to read that your Mom is ok! It's frightening when they take a fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your Mom's fall wasn't worse! Lovely snowflake card - so perfect for these days of snow and it has such a frosty and beautiful feel to it. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, this is such a lovely card, that is my favorite of all the Cheery Lynn snowflakes. I hope your mom is on the mend. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.