Wednesday, January 15, 2014

LOVE . . .

Hello my friends!
Wow!  Life sure has been keeping me busy this week but I finally got around to creating a card for the current challenge over at the Classy Cards 'n Such blog which is 

HEARTS & DOILIES


My friend (and current enabler!) created this card recently and after seeing it, I JUST HAD TO go over to the Classy Cards 'n Such store and make a purchase.  Okay ... so it wasn't just the beautiful Cheery Lynn Designs die that I purchased ... she also told me about talked me into the gorgeous metallic paper (Stardream Fuse Azalea) I used to cut this beautiful heart from.

This die has such beautiful detail and the metallic paper adds even more beauty to this die cut image!  My little bird is a scrap piece (cut from Impression Obsession DIE-058N die)  I had laying on my table from a recent card creation.  I thought he looked cute singing his praises of Love Is In The Air!

My flower was created by using 3 of the 6 flowers you can die cut at one time when using the Cheery Lynn Designs #B310 - Shasta Daisy strip die.  (They too were already laying on my table from a past creation! ... using up scraps ... yeah!).  I simply conditioned each petal from the back side with my stylus then turned it over and pushed down in the middle to create the shape.  A Kaiser pearl was perfect for the center.

A few additional challenges:
Die Cuttin Divas - Out with the Old (ribbon), In with the New (heart die)
Papertake Weekly Challenge - New Year Stash (heart die)
Try it on Tuesday - In with the New (heart die)
Bearly-Mine Challenge - Color Inspiration
The Paper Nest Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope your week is going well!
See you soon ... until then and as always ...

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, FabScraps 'High Tea' dp, Hot Pink cs, Garden Green cs, Stardream Fuse Azalea metallic paper (XP-730177976)
Accessories:  (CLD) Cheery Lynn Designs B368 Lattice Heart & Vines die, CLD B310 Shasta Daisy die, CLD B147 Olive Branches die, Wilton paper doily, pop dots, Kaiser pearl, PunchBunch Flower making kit, Creative Memories sticker letters, Michaels satin ribbon

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in this week at MMM - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!!!! Love the heart cut from that gorgeous paper and the bluebird is the perfect" pop" of color......stunning my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That heart die is quite amazing! Beautiful card. TFS it with us at the DCD Old and New challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your heart just shimmers with the paper used. I'm really liking that doily also. Your card is just beautiful Thanks for joining the challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very beautiful card Darlene - you did a nice layout on it as well - I just sent you a private email too - have a crafty week my friend - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A real beautiful card, wonderful details. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. your die is amazing! Thank you for joining our Anything goes Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card and a great interpretation of our colour inspiration at CLF. Thanks for joining our challenge.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining The Paper Nest Challenge.
    Xoxo,
    Lori Ann TPN DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous design - thanx for sharing with us at Make My Monday.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at TIOT this time! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I love the doily and the added bird! Gives it such a nice touch! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas. Scrappy Hugs, Connie Can Crop

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card :-) the colours and details on this are lovely, so very pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful Card. Love those dies. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, good luck, and hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.