Thursday, March 6, 2014

It all about the GREEN ...

Top of the Mornin' to Ya! (AGAIN!)
I mentioned earlier that I have a couple of cards to share with you today, and they are both of the 'Irish' influence.  My hubby is Irish ... his mom (God Rest Her Soul) was 100% Irish ... her parents last names were Gallagher & McDermott ... doesn't get much more Irish than that!  LOL
Anyways ... on to my card share.

The new challenge at Joan's Gardens is to use 
Green & White, 
an Oval shape, 
an embossing folder (inked inside or not)
 and something from Joan's Gardens.

I am not a cat lover but I have several friends who are so I made this card with them in mind!  How cute is this cat family die!  It's from Cheery Lynn Designs and is #B417.  The embossing folder I used today came from Joan's Gardens and is a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations folder (sorry don't have the number).  I did as Joan had suggested and inked up the inside of the folder (using Memento 'bamboo leaves' ink) before running it through my embossing machine.
Other elements used on this card are:
SU print pack dp, Green polka dot grosgrain ribbon, pop dots, Green ZIG pen for faux stitching
Spellbinder classic oval dies, and JustRite 'Large Fancy Sentiments' (also from Joan's Gardens).

A few challenges to share my creation with:
Inky Chicks Challenge - Monochromatic
Ruby's Rainbow Challenge - Shades of Green + 1 other color
Crafting from the Heart #8 - Anything Goes/use dies
Perfectly Rustics Challenge - Shades of one color
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge - Show me the Green & Ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. So cute. Great design, love the ribbon and the fabulous cat family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cats and I love your card! That cat family die is great and I love it on the pretty greens of your card! Thanks for sharing it for our Think Green challenge on Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card, I love the silhouette design. Thank you for playing along with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dar, being a cat person, your card made me smile. That cat family is SO CUTE!!! Love the sentiment, too. Great job on this week's challenge at Joan's.

    :o)

    Blessings, Ginny B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! The cats are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great green card with the cats on it. Thanks for playing along with us at Cards inEnvy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...how cute is this!!!! You know I love kitties...and this is right up my ally (cat), so to speak!!!! Super cute...good luck on the challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Darlene. Cute idea with the cats,
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this week's challenge.
    Joan
    www.joanstouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dar...this is so pretty! You should link it up at Really Reasonable Ribbon, too. Show Me the Green Challenge is still open. Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, Dar! Love this card! Thanks for playing along in RRR Challenge #90: Show Me the Green and Ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card, love the cats and the use of green. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Darlene, this card is lovely!!
    Great use of the one colour and i'm with you that cat die is super cool!!! Thanks for joining with us at Perfectly Rustics this time!
    Smiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cat silhouettes! Thank you for joining the first weekly Crafting From The Heart challenge, hope to see you again soon!

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning!!! Love this cats (btw, it's die cuts or what?) with this green composition! LOvely! feel free to join my challenge on http://artekatie.wordpress.com/2014/03/09/30-birthday-challenge/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.