Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wedding Season . . .

Hello Dear Friends ...
The weather has been picture perfect around here lately and I'm having a difficult time staying in my 'cave'!  But, yesterday I decided I was going to play along in some of my favorite challenges and this is what I came up with.  Hope you like it!

The current challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such is Weddings.
Since I love VINTAGE design, I immediately started looking through all my vintage type goodies to come up with my main wedding image.  I decided upon this beautiful bride which comes from an older Graphic45 'Le' Romantique' design paper pack.  
(Love this paper ... been hoarding it for awhile now! LOL!)


Not only did I make a wedding card, but I made a TWISTED EASEL WEDDING CARD which satisfies two more of my favorite challenge blogs!
Joan's Touch Challenge - make a twisted easel card, use patterned paper, any color and product from Joan's Gardens.
Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge  - Use some sort of fancy fold on your card/project.

Since I don't make a lot of square cards (extra postage due for mailing), I don't keep a lot of square envelopes on hand either.  BUT with my handy dandy We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board, I was able to create not just an envelope ... but a MATCHING envelope to go along with my vintage wedding creation.  LOVE THAT!!

Here are a few additional challenge to share in:
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes / summer time theme (June Weddings)
Try it on Tuesday Challenge - Feminine and Fancy
Crafty Card Makers and More - One or more Flourishes
Make My Monday - Wedding Theme*

Thanks so much for your visit!
I hope you enjoyed today's creation and will give this fancy fold & these challenges a try!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  SU Very Vanilla, Graphic45 'Le Romantique'
Accessories:  We R Memory Keepers 'Envelope Punch Board', Offray lace, Cloud9 Design gem stones, E6000 Spray Adhesive
Dies:  Tattered Lace 'Kensington Corner' #D318, Quik Kutz 'Doily', Marianne 'LR0157 and LR0156', Spellbinder 'Blooms Three' #S2-046, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Tiny Fanciful Flourish' #B387, 'Congratulations' #B289, 'Wedding' #B446
Stamp/Ink:  Penny Black, Versafine Onyx

28 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. Love the die work. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Twisted Easel card is gorgeous. I love all the textures and design. Great job.
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
    Joan
    www.joanstouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these romantic images, and the way you've combined them with the lacy elements is just wonderful, Dar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful twisted easel wedding card....love the vintage look and all the pretty details!! Thank you for supporting us and joining us at "Classy Cards 'n Such" for our "Wedding" challenge...we love and appreciate your beautiful entries!!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card. Perfect combination of folding, images and lacey die cuts.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful vintage wedding card. Love the matching envelope and card and the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super classy card and envelope thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! I too still have that paper in hiding. Love the matching envelope!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and envelope! Love your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elegant, Classy & BEAUTIFUL!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and feminine card! I love the envelope and all details.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dar, you really captured the old fashioned look quite nicely. I like how you added the lace along with the die cuts. Thank you for entering your card with the Classy Card 'n Such Wedding challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fabulously vintage!!! I love those papers and the matching envelope. Awesome idea! Thank you for playing in our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what's come out of your 'cave'. Very elegant, and reminds me of my Gran's wedding photos. Lots of lovely embellishments and the gorgeous flourish which is perfect for our challenge.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful vintage work! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a nice vintage wedding card. Love it! I'm your linky neighbor in some challenges which is so much fun, so I had to stop by and comment on your lovely project! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful project!Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.
    Viv. CCM DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful!! Thanks for linking up your project at Craftin Desert Divas! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful vintage wedding card. Thanks for playing along in Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely card - very elegant. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful vintage card! Thanks for joining us for this week's Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful and unique folding on your card. I love that you made the envelope also. Thanks for playing along in the Classy Cards 'n Such Wedding card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wonderful card!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous Card, love the fabulous die work with the folds. Thanks for joining us on Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Darlene, Saw your card at Craft Hoarders and came over. This card is just beautiful, love the G45 paper you used, is that an older set? Well you did a beautiful job on the Twisted Easel Card, I am so inspired I think I am going to give one a try.
    Deborah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deborah! Yes that is an older paper pack that I've been hoarding. It's so nice to hear I've inspired you to give this twisted easel design a try. Give a shout when you do and I'd love to pop over and take a peek! Thanks again!

      Delete
  26. Darlene, you know I love this one! I have lots of hoarders Le Romantique paper! I parcel it out a bit here and there as I am afraid of running out. LOL This is so pretty. I adore it! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene