background

Friday, February 5, 2016

Fluttering By to Say Hello!

Hello and Happy Friday Everyone!
Today I have another creation to share that was created for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.  

Since I was in need of some Easy, Peasy note cards, I thought
butterflies would lift anyone's spirits during these cold winter months.
I recently purchased a couple new butterfly dies
from our Dies R Us Store so thought I'd see what I could create quickly.


I was thrown a bit when I die cut these butterflies and saw that
the stitching remained on the portion that would typically be thrown away!
Well, you can't have that!  Right!
So I attached a panel of matching design paper behind my die cut and reinserted
the butterflies with just a dab of white glue in the middle of the bodies.
This left the wings able to be lifted up a bit.


Here are the dies I've used today:




Something I realized (after the fact) and wanted to share with you is this!

These awesome Technique Tuesday 'Say It' dies are 2 part ... the solid background die and the word die.  
I could have saved myself even more time today if I had simply die cut the word from the background panel versus die cutting a separate word and gluing it to the background.  DUH!!

Please be sure to take a minute and check out all the fabulous dies available
at the Dies R Us Store!  AND, don't forget we have a Dies R Us Challenge Blog too!
A fun new challenge is offered on the 1st and 15th of each month with a PRIZE VOUCHER
offered to one lucky winner each challenge.  It could be YOU!

Challenges to share in:
Crafting With An Attitude February Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations Challenge - Anything Goes
Moving Along With The Times Challenge - Things with Wings
Southern Girls Challenge - Anything Goes
 Through the Purple Haze Challenge - Things with Wings

Till next time ... thanks for stopping by!
As always . . .

8 comments:

  1. Great card girl! Love your use of the Sue Wilson die! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the butterflies! What a great die, the stitches are fun....such an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you recaptured the stitches on those beautiful butterflies! It would be a shame to let them flutter away ; ) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stitching on the panel with the butterflies inset. It's a beautiful effect. You can never have too many butterflies, I think. Gorgeous border die, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene,
    what a wonderful card, and such pretty butterflies.
    Great colours and design also.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Girls Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Dar. This is beautiful. Love the background color and those butterflies are gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of those beautiful die cuts. In white they just pop off the page. Thanks for entering the Things With Wings challenge at Through the Purple Haze, Jackie t x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene