Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Sisterhood - Think Spring!!

Hello Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over at
and I'm pleased to say I am your hostess today!

If you're anything like me, during these cold winter months, you
thoughts go to the warmer, greener times like Spring/Summer.
So our theme for today's challenge is

THINK SPRING!
(what does that mean to you?)
(birds, butterflies, kites, mud puddles, umbrellas ...)

Well, here's what I came up with ...


This lovely bird images comes from the Crafty Secrets Birds & Botanicals
Booklet and Journal Notes.  I simply cut the journaling
part from the bottom and used it as a background mat. 

Once again I am using up some of the scrap tidbits that have been cut and
laying around in hopes of using them vs doing a complete swipe
into the trash can.  LOL! 

Challenges to share in:
Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge - Birds of a Feather
Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge - Green and/or Nature
Through the Craftroom Door Challenge - Anything Goes
 Craftin' Desert Diva's Linky Party .- Nature's wonders

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you're having a wonderful week and that the weather
is cooperating in your 'neck of the woods'.

I hope you'll come join in our challenge and I look forward to being
inspired by what you create!  
As always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, FabScraps 'High Tea' dp
Image:  Crafty Secrets 'Birds & Botanicals' Booklet & Journal Notes
Stamps/Inks:  Stampscapes 'Reeds' #068'D, Memento 'Bamboo Leaves' ink
Dies:  Impression Obsession 'Birdhouse Set' #DIE156, Impression Obsession 'Birds' #DIE154A, Technique Tuesday 'Hello' #DIY0383
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers (for birdhouses) EB5 & GB7

17 comments:

  1. Very pretty and peaceful scene, reminds me of here, and I can't wait for Spring! Great use of the scraps, too...makes you feel good doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great image! Great way to use up tidbits laying around....love the little added extras!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! I love those little bird houses! Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! I love using birds! Since you designed for Crafty Secrets, do you know if she is selling or Etsy or not or have maybe decided to quite the business completely? I guess I thought we would get an email notice but I have never gotten one. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what Sandy Redburn posted to the Crafty Secrets Facebook page at the end of 2015:
      The Big News... sadly after Jan 2/16 our online www.craftyvintagegirl.com Store will only sell digital items and CD's as all remaining stock will be sent to a buyer(s). Last Chance Sale is 25% off every item at checkout and FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00! See details on our Blog

      Delete
    2. Thanks Darlene. That is pretty much what I remember also. So guess there is nothing new going on with Crafty Secrets. Glad you did not get much snow, it missed us in Northern Illinois...Rockford area. I am ready for spring but know we have a bit of a wait yet.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous spring card, Dar. Love the images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet card! I just adore that bird image and your sentiment is so dainty and pretty! Awesome! :)
    Stephanie
    Craftin Desert Divas DT
    Thanks for joining us for Craftin Desert Divas "Nature's Wonder" Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely spring card. Thanks for stopping at my blog. I will surely go take a peek to your other projects. Take care! Hugs from SLovenia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful image! I'd love to be able to color like that. I simply love those birdhouses, too. Such a sweet addition to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I am just responding, very belatedly, to the comments on my Blog. thank you so much for your comment, I ready everyone and so appreciate them. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card! Beautiful work!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great way to use your papers - love the little birdhouse accents too. Thanx for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card! Love that you used your scraps.. I love to do that too! :)


    Thank you so much for joining us for the Craftin Desert Divas "Nature's Wonders" Linky Party!
    ~DT Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great card - thanks for joining us at the Cardz 4 Guyz

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me again!

    Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday too - your card is gorgeous.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene