background

Friday, April 29, 2016

A little bird told me . . .

My goodness, April has been a busy, busy month for me!
Where has the time gone?

I feel I've neglected my blog a bit lately so I have a FUN TIME card creation
to share today and using up some off cuts/scraps at the same time!  Love when that happens!
I have had not ONE but TWO of these Impression Obsession 'Bird on a Branch' cuts laying on my work table for months now and finally today I decided to use one of them!  This is NOT AT ALL what I had in mind when I started making a card for today but you know how that goes . . . .

The other day I was visiting with the neighbor and her little 2 year old was pushing her bubble making machine on the driveway making ALL SORTS OF BUBBLES ... which was really cute!  But, then I noticed a cardinal sitting on the tree branch in the side yard and it appeared he was enjoying the bubbles as much as I was!  LOL!   Hence the bubble background paper used for today's card.

I am always in need of birthday cards so that will be the theme for today!
I think this could be used for a man, woman, young adult ... what do you think??

Challenges to share in:
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Animals & a sentiment (I hope birds count!)
Creative Knockout Challenge - Lots of Layers

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'm TRYING to get all my goods gathered up for tomorrow's show ... luckily I can set up this evening!
So, with that being said, I'd better get busy!
Have a fabulous weekend ahead and as always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Red cs, Olive cs, DCWV dp
Accessories:  Sue Wilson 'Greek Island' #CED5102, Poppy Stamps 'Thicket Frame' #1407, Impression Obsession 'Bird on a Branch' #DIE161, Woodware, USA 'Birdsong' stamp, Versafine Onyx, pop dots

11 comments:

  1. I love your card girl. I know what you mean about April flying by. I've been overwhelmed with garden and yard work. Just trying to keep my head above water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty, bright and cheerful card on such a cold and gloomy day here...certain to cheer anyone up. You are the master of using those leftover pieces...funny I have a few of these birdies laying on my desk too, must be because it is one of my favorite dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful way to use up those bits and pieces and still come out with a masterpiece!!! Love it!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so good at using your bits and pieces. I've been trying. Love this bird and branch and the Thicket Frame always looks fabulous. Those bubbles are cool, too! You're doing another show? Busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Darlene, this is marvelous with all those die cuts! I love using up scraps -- makes me feel I can go shopping for goodies to replace what I've used. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful! I love that frame that frames the image... and that bird is so cute... really great die cut! Using up scraps is a great thing! Glad you were able to do so! I hope you are having a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful die cut frame, and what a great idea for the bubbles, they almost appear real. I have a similar bird on a branch flair...you have inspired me to use it. Great card. Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More beautiful dies! Love that you took your inspiration from real life, how cool! I do love those bubbles in your background as well as that pretty branch and magnificent Red Cardinal--my absolute favorite! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eye Catching beauty the image is simply fab. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Aud Sentiment Challenge. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs    
    Berni,DT
    audsentimentschallenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi
    fun card
    thanks for joining us at creative knockouts
    hugs Lisbeth DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge well this fortnight. Thanks for taking part and good luck.

    Kym (Jade’s Sparkling Butterflies Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene