Monday, April 4, 2016

Use Your Stuff - Tissue Paper

Happy Monday Dear Friends!

It's my turn today to share a creation for the Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog.
Khristina is our hostess and she's asked us to use TISSUE PAPER on our projects!

Now, I must admit, tissue paper is the LAST thing I would think
to pick up and incorporate into my projects but I'm really glad she has inspired
me to 'give it a whirl'!  Here's what I came up with . . .


Originally I thought of just stamping my image/sentiment then
just crinkling the tissue paper and putting it onto colored
card stock but then I got the bright idea to try and color the 'sky' area
using Ken Oliver 'color bursts'.

Inside View
My first attempt was WAY TOO HEAVY on the color and
actually couldn't pick out the stamped image.  So, I tried it again with
a 'lighter hand' on the color burst and was happier this time around.

After adding my color burst I spritzed the tissue paper with water
to 'bleed' the colors and carefully dried it with my heat gun
before 'crinkling' and gluing it to my white card stock panel.  

I really like the crinkling effect and, a touch of faux stitching was all that was necessary to accent 
my beautiful tissue paper panel.

I hope you'll give this TISSUE PAPER idea a try and then
come share your project with us at the USE YOUR STUFF blog.

Till next time, thanks for stopping by and have an awesome week ahead!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.