Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Springtime and Sketch

Hello Everyone!
I'm deep in the trenches of creating for upcoming craft shows but 
decided to take a few minutes and play the current Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge.
This one really caught my eye so just HAD to join in the fun.
Here's the sketch ...

And, here's what I created . . .


Would you believe this card was created from the pile of scraps I have laying on the cutting table?  Yep I've been busy creating tea cups (peek photo at the end) so I did have a few larger scraps that worked perfectly for background panels.  AND, since the K&Company designer paper I'm using is 2-sided it was fun to mix & match each panel required in the sketch.

Of course the flower is from that huge pile of Heartfelt Creations die cuts left over from last years Adventures in Stamping convention demo ... just had to give it some color & sparkle!  I admit I did have to die cut the leaves but they too were cut from a scrap of white card stock and colored with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I have no doubt this pretty floral creation will make anyone who's a bit under the weather smile.

OH!  And I must confess ... the 'banner' was originally cut to use the 'opposite' side but last minute when I was putting everything together I liked the more colorful side better so flipped it over.  This means the piercings are reversed but I don't think it will be noticed too much!  LOL!

Other challenges I'd like to share in today:
Clear It Out Challenge - Springtime Stash - Add a Flower
Everybody Art Challenge - Pastel Colors
ABC Challenge - E is for Everything (anything goes)

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today ... I really appreciate it!
As always . . .
 
Ooops!  I promised you a peek at those tea cups didn't I? Here ya go ...

Keep in mind they still need filled with tea bags & chocolate then packaged 
in clear bags and ribbons, but I'm near checking this one off my Show To Do List!  YAY!



Recipe for today's card:
Papers:  White cs, Various scraps of Forrest Green cs, K&Co dp
Dies/Punches:  Heartfelt Creations 'Birds and Blooms', #HCDI-756, Sue Wilson 'Laurel Leaves' #CED1437, Sue Wilson 'Pierced Tags' #CED4304, Memory Box 'Stitched Circle Layers' #30036, Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Accessories: Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Tim Holtz distress inks, sponge daubers, Stickles

15 comments:

  1. I love the card but oh my goodness I'm loving those tea cups! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty papers and the teacups look great! No grass growing under your feet : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! Love that gorgeous paper and the beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining us over at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Clear It Out, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Darlene - so pretty! Of course I just adore all those shades of pink too :) And those teacups are stunning.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! It is the proof, that we never should throw away our scraps =)
    Thank you for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!
    Evelyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card certainly has the WOW factor. Brilliant layering. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy, busy as always, but what a beautiful creation you made from scraps! And those teacups -- wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!!! Sorry I haven't been around!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card, and just goes to show that crafters need to keep everything lol. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful card and the teacups are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous flower and card!! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! The flower and leaves are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CCCrew
    Vicki DT Do you have a pattern for the Tea Cup? I have a friend who loves tea (who doesn't) and would love to make for her. vmilyard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks really pretty, thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is beautiful and I do love the tea cups! Thank you for joining our fun at ABC Challenge. Good luck and please join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene