Friday, June 3, 2016

Could Use Your Help . . .

Morning All!
Today I have a card to share that I created yesterday
when I read a plea for help from a friend and crafting colleague. 

If you have a minute to share some love and make a card that would put a smile
on this man's face then please pop over to her blog posting HERE to read about it.

I read that he was (is) an artist so I immediate thought of 
creating my cards using the wonderful Stampscape Stamps that don't
get enough love lately (since dies showed up on the scene! lol).


As you will read in her post, she requested short
sentiments on/within the card because he is suffering from
brain cancer and a lot of words confuse and upset him.  So with that being said
and this already cut out HUGS was laying on my worktable,
I knew immediately it was meant to be so added it to the front.
It hides a bit of the scene but that's okay ... I think he'll like it.

SO MANY crafting friends shared their love and creations with me & my husband
when he was going through Hodgins Lymphoma Cancer 7 years ago
that I didn't hesitate once I read about Jerry's journey.

Fortunately my husband could have a stem cell transplant and he's been cancer
free for 7 years now (thank GOD!) but I'm sorry to say that there just
aren't enough of these miracles to go around for all who are afflicted by this horrible disease!

SO PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE & A STAMP
to bring some joy into the life of another person ... even if they are a stranger!
Thanks!

Hoping to help get the word out ... I'd like to share my card in the following challenges:

ABC Challenge - I is for IMPORTANT

Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs
Inks:  Tim Holtz various blues, pink, straw, Versafine onyx
Stamps:  Stampscapes

Accessories:  large and small sponge daubers

19 comments:

  1. Love the scene you created and that hugs die is fantastic. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect card for Jerry with the beautiful scene and one big word. It's really beautiful. I hope to work on mine today. You're quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely this scene is, Dar! And the HUGS says it all. But the scene is peaceful bliss, isn't it? I never quite got the hang of stamp scapes and am in awe at the creations my friends make with them. GORGEOUS! Thanks for the referral, too! You are very kind. HOW GREAT hearing about the miracle your family received. There are more miracles happening all the time through the efforts of science - but never enough, as you say.

    Thanks again, Miss Darlene! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and scene and the hugs sounds just perfect---Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, I love your card and will make a card for Jerry. I posted to Tea Party on Splitcoaststampers to see if they'd help as well. Hugs and thank you for the opportunity to send some love in an envelope. Blessings, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Darlene your scene is just so beautiful. Jerry will treasure this xxx
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cancer is such an ugly disease, we have two members of our family who are fighting it right now and both now have hospice helping to care for them. So, bless you for this fabulous card. I hope it will brighten this mans day. Thank you for joining in on the fun at ABC Challenge! Good luck and please join us again! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Dar! I am back with a different hat! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Anything Goes". Please check back to see if you are a winner!
    crafty hugs,
    de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project Thank-you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore
    Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow that is just wonderful and I am sure he is going to so enjoy it, I love the big sentiment with it too.... I did a funny one for him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is beyond perfect! Love the masculine flavor and feel and that great BIG HUGS! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A card I am sure he will love!! I want to make a card for this as well as soon as I get caught up...a lovley scene you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining us at "Creative with Stamps" with this little work of art! The story behind has touched me.
    Greetings, Eunice (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this card is awesome! I love that scene and the die is so cool :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so nice of you! Great scene card with the bold sentiment!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know Jerry will feel encouraged and loved when he receives this amazing card! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful scene. Thanks for playing along at Creative With Stamps this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful creation, am sure it will be loved by the recipient. Thanks for joining in with the Sisters of Craft challenge, Best wishes, Anne DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene