Saturday, June 11, 2016

Thinking of You for Jerry . . .

Happy Weekend All!
Last week I shared a link with you that prayers and encouragement were needed for a fellow crafter's brother in law who is suffering from brain cancer.  You can find all the details HERE on Donna's blog.  Today I wanted to make another card to send to Jerry in hopes of bringing a little smile and a little distraction from the obvious.

Jerry was (is) an artist so I was trying to be a little 'artsy' with today's card!
I'm sure he'll understand!  LOL

Inside view

I have had this Impression Obsession stamp for years and don't ink it up nearly enough.  Today was the day.  Then I colored it with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I was going to use it as the focus of my card but then thought how much better it might be with the Stampscapes image of an old cabin in the background ... and my card was born.

If you could find a few minutes in your busy day to bring joy to Jerry ...
I'm sure the rewards will be returned ten fold! 

Challenges to share in are:

Crafty Calendar Challenge - Father's Day / For A Male
Crazy 4 Challenges - Masculine
Alphabet Challenge - H is for Hand Colored Images
QKR Stampede Challenge - One for the Guys

Thanks so much for stopping by ... hope you have a wonderful weekend!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  DCWV Pine dp, white cs
Ink:  Tim Holtz 'broken china', Tim Holtz 'tea dye', Versafine Onyx
Stamps:  Stampscapes, Impression Obsession
Accessories:  large sponge daubers, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, fine tip black marker
Technique:  faux stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.