background

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Sisterhood of Crafters - Summer Fun

Hello Everyone!
It's time once again for a new challenge over at

Today's theme, chosen by sistah Terri is:

SUMMER FUN!

Well we know there are all sorts of things that are fun in the summer
months ... what comes to your mind?


 Growing up in the country, my sisters and I had a lot of room to wonder!
I spent many hours out on the 'back 40' just watching nature and 
day dreaming.  We also did a LOT of bike riding!!

I remember my first 2 wheel bike was a 'hand me down'
so my dad gave it fresh coat of silver paint (to make it MINE) and
I was on my way.  My older sister happened to have WON a new bike at the
fair that year so I got her old bike!  LOL

Challenges to share in:
Lemon Shortbread Challenge - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspiration Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart Challenge - Anything Goes
The Paper Girls Challenge - The Great Outdoors
Allsorts Challenge - The Great Outdoors

The ladies at the Sisterhood have some fabulous summer fun creations
to share with you today!  Why not pop over to see for yourself ... then join in the fun!
Hope to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Graphic45 designer paper, DCWV designer paper
Dies:  Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Frames #99124, Impression Obsession 'Bicycle' DIE145
Stamp/Ink:  SU 'Summer by the Sea' (circa 2004), Versafine Onyx 
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Silver Metallic Marker, dimensional tape
Technique:  Paper Piecing

15 comments:

  1. What a sweet, sweet card and a wonderfully, fond memory! Thanks for sharing both with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I love the sweet image and that bicycle just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is the sweetest dressed in her summery gingham dress! LOVE that bike die too! Fantastic card! A BIG WOW from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! The scene screams summer! I love the darling image!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you paper pieced outfit in the gingham. what a fun story about your silver bike. and it looks perfect with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What memories your card evokes; love the story connected to your chosen image, too.
    I like the way you created separate "vignettes" by the use of designer paper, matting and the die cut--very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card and of course you know I love her gingham dress....a perfect relaxing summer scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally relate to your story with your sisters and playing outside, riding bikes. Such great memories. Your card is adorable with that girl on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I would not have thought of using that designer paper with the image, and it is a fantastic design idea! I hope to remember to use papers in a similar fashion. Thanks for the inspiration, Dar! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. I like the image and the bike, Thank you for joining in with us this week at Allsorts, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely image! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Outdoors' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful paper pieced image and love the memory and silver painted bike die---Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable. Love the paper pieced dress and all the stiches. Thanks for playing at Lemon Shortbread and good luck, Hope to see you back later today for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member Lemon Shortbread xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene