Saturday, June 11, 2016

Thinking of You for Jerry . . .

Happy Weekend All!
Last week I shared a link with you that prayers and encouragement were needed for a fellow crafter's brother in law who is suffering from brain cancer.  You can find all the details HERE on Donna's blog.  Today I wanted to make another card to send to Jerry in hopes of bringing a little smile and a little distraction from the obvious.

Jerry was (is) an artist so I was trying to be a little 'artsy' with today's card!
I'm sure he'll understand!  LOL

Inside view

I have had this Impression Obsession stamp for years and don't ink it up nearly enough.  Today was the day.  Then I colored it with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I was going to use it as the focus of my card but then thought how much better it might be with the Stampscapes image of an old cabin in the background ... and my card was born.

If you could find a few minutes in your busy day to bring joy to Jerry ...
I'm sure the rewards will be returned ten fold! 

Challenges to share in are:

Crafty Calendar Challenge - Father's Day / For A Male
Crazy 4 Challenges - Masculine
Alphabet Challenge - H is for Hand Colored Images
QKR Stampede Challenge - One for the Guys

Thanks so much for stopping by ... hope you have a wonderful weekend!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  DCWV Pine dp, white cs
Ink:  Tim Holtz 'broken china', Tim Holtz 'tea dye', Versafine Onyx
Stamps:  Stampscapes, Impression Obsession
Accessories:  large sponge daubers, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, fine tip black marker
Technique:  faux stitching

16 comments:

  1. Hi this is stunning. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge H for Hand Coloured Image. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Darlene, you have nailed this one! Love the combination of images & your beautiful coloring! He will LOVE this card! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for the weekly challenge & best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card! I love everything about it!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Dragons Lair Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stamp! AWESOME card! This will surely give Jerry a lift (I am mailing mine tomorrow!) Your sponging is fantastic as is your faux stitching! Love this masculine creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice Father's Day card. Beautiful stamp. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, LOVE this, Darlene! Oh, I want to be there. The peace is so obvious in this scene and it's perfect for Jerry. I love how you used the cabin scene for a background. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow another fabulous card, so love that stamp and all the wonderful coloring, he is going to be thrilled to see another of your artsy cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to create when you feel it all has to be just perfect. I think you did a wonderful job and he will love it! Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket Challenges! Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this fabulous card, Darlene. Awesome coloring, too. Jerry will love this beauty. Thank you, for joining us for the QKR Stampede challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is artsy, looks so fabulous and I am sure he will love it as much as I do. Many prayers for Jerry and his family and friends. Cancer is such a devastating thing; it has taken my dad and now my mom has lung cancer also just since January. Thanks for playing with us at Dragons Lair Designs this month! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry just followed the link. Such sad news xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Job colouring I'm sure Jerry will love the card! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug Masculine challenge hope to see you again, Good luck. Dawn Bugaboo DT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card - thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge and we hope to see you again for the next challenge.

    Helen x
    (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene