Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Sisterhood & Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges

Hello my friends!  I have two challenge creations to share with you today!

First creation is for The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.  We are creating using the colors representing the Month of August ... Red, Orange & Green.  Be sure to pop over to our blog for inspiration ... the Sistahs have outdone themselves yet again!!!  Here is what I've come up with ...

(click image to enlarge)
I'll let you in on a secret ... this card was put together in about 5 minutes!  Talk about CAS !!!   I had not only  forgotten about doing a card for this week's Sisterhood challenge, but then I saw an email that "very kindly" reminded me that it was MY TURN to host the challenge ... YIKES ... PANIC TIME!!!   But I just took a deep breath pulled out my Basic Grey booklets ... I looked through for the proper color combo and this card was born!  Amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it!!  LOL!!

Now for my second card ... we are headed over to the challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.  Today we are taking it easy with "Anything Goes".  Again, I have gone with a CAS creation. 

This adorable image comes from Cora's CLEARLY VINTAGE blog. Besides matting the image, the only additions to this creation are the MS punched panel a couple little sentiments and a flower.  When I was creating this card, I had just been involved in some very detailed work and it felt really good to just make a "simple" creation and give my brain a rest!  I hope you like it!!

Thanks everyone for stopping by today!  I hope you are having a wonderful day!  My sweet banana peppers need rinsed now, seasoned and packed in jars!  I had planned on taking photos during this canning process but when hubby & I were finished with all the cleaning and cutting I realized I had forgotten to grab a photo ... Ooops!  Oh yea, we decided to do more than JUST peppers ... we are also making Giardiniera ( pickled banana peppers, cauliflower, celery, carrots, garlic, jalapenos and pearl onions).  I will be sure to share the "finished product" with you!!

10 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of the Sisterhood card. I think its the butterflies...I seem to be drawn to every card with those flying beauties attached to it.

    Looking forward to seeing pics of your goodes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are beautiful Darlene!! I especially love your first one with the colors, butterfly and layout. You sure rocked the CAS! Gorgeous!

    Hope you are having a great summer!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving these new creations, especially the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you gonna have all kinds of goodies this winter when the wind blows...... Both cards are fantasic! I love the first one, not colors I would put together but man it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards DARLENE!!!!! I LOVE the colors and the butterflies on the first one...GORGEOUS girly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dar, this card doens't look like it was "thrown" together! It is very pretty. I love the bitterflies flitting about on this summery card! Just beautiful!

    Love the vintage look and colors on the second one.
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is beautiful. Amazing what happens when you only have a few minutes!!

    Your peppers sound wonderful. The ones I tried last year turned out mushy. YUCK-O Didn't attempt them this year, but I have done tons of pickles and tomatoes. Just got done picking @ 80pounds more to can. It's gonna be a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that first card!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG if this card was just thrown together...It is FABULOUS!! I love this color combo and your delicate butterflies!

    Thanks for hosting a great challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.