Monday, December 26, 2011

WOW What a FABULOUS Christmas!

Happy Day After Christmas Everyone!
I hope your Christmas was as blessed as ours was!

It started early with a drive to the kids house (1 hour away) for breakfast and gift exchange.  Although the grandkids are getting older (19 & 14) ... Christmas morning is still a LOT OF FUN!  Daughter, Carolyn always makes sure the house smells good with something yummy in the oven, Son-in-Law, Frank always has a nice cozy fire going in the fireplace and even though he wasn't feeling very well this year ... he was a real trooper and helped make Christmas morning a memorable one!

Would you like to see some of the 'highlights'?

 Morgan got lots of PINK (and black) clothes as well as her BIG gift which was a wireless printer (which will help with her college school work) from her parents.  The little doggie on her lap is something I bought her ... it reminded her of their family dog, Josie, whom they lost a couple of years ago and miss terribly!

Frank is in the process (as finances allow) of building a big garage so he can do his mechanic work for himself out of his own garage.  Mark built this 'garage' out of Home Depot gift cards to help in the project.

 As I have shared before, Mark is an EXCELLENT cook and his old Better Homes & Gardens (his favorite) cookbook is in PIECES so the kids thought it was time for a new one!

 This was one of my gifts to Mark.  NO HE'S NOT REAL!
I am not an animal lover but Mark is and this way we can have the best of both worlds.
He's called the "Perfect Pet" ... yep, no fuss no muss!
 
 How great is this!  Carolyn's BIG gift was this new kayak & all the necessary equipment to go with it.  Her family really surprised her with this beauty!!  Now she can go kayaking in style with her friend, Theresa! 
 
 Jonathan's BIG gift was this dirt bike!  Good thing they gave it to him LAST ...
He couldn't move fast enough to get his shoes & coat on and take it for a spin around the back yard!



 CJ (Mo's boyfriend) bought all the guys Helicopters!  What fun!  They were all flying them around the livingroom at the same time ... I think it would have been safer to take them OUTDOORS!!  LOL!

And, last by not least, here are a few of MY goodies.
Mark got me the Vagabond I've been talking about all year and the kids got me a Cricut storage box and a couple new Cricut cartridges.  I love new crafting toys and I can't wait to start using these little goodies!!

What did Santa bring you??
Leave me a comment with a link to your blog post 
and I'll pop right over to see & comment!

The little girls from next door are coming over this evening!  They are age 7 & 9 and always so excited about their Christmas adventures.  I can't wait to hear what they've been up to!  I know they had tickets to the 'Polar Express' (real train) in Cleveland and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Happy Day Everyone!
HUGS
Darlene

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! So glad you shared it with us. Love Pap's new pet. Thank you for everything. Love you bunches and bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful Merry Christmas! You and your family! Nice stuff everyone got.. I see you got the Vagabond.. that's NICE! I don't have one yet.. I still have the Big Kick that ya crank by hand lol. I did get the Extended cutting pads which I needed this year , some Distress Stickles , Recollections Microbeads set and my big crafty gift was the newer Ultimate Glue Gun by Aleene's.. I just really had my eye on that since the glue gun I had up till that point leaked.. lol. I ended up getting other gifts but they were clothes.. all in all I am still the happy camper though! I haven't done a post Christmas of what I received on my blog yet so I thought to comment it here.. have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous Christmas =) Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. Lucky you with your new crafting goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome on the christmas gifts, I have been looking at the vagabond, you will have to let me know how it does...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun Christmas with your family! I had to go look up the Vagabond to see what is was. I am so behind on the latest greatest things in scrapping. I saw Tim Holtz do a demo with it at a craft show and it is VERY cool! Congrats on the new toy. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.