Sunday, November 4, 2012

2012 Craft Show was a SUCCESS!

Happy Sunday fellow bloggers!  
I feel so much better, now that I've had a good nights sleep and the pressures of the crafts shows are behind me!  If you follow my blog you have seen some of the goodies I've made to share & sell this year and I'm thrilled to report it was a HUGE success!  There are 150+ vendors at this show and I think they had a record number of people come through the doors yesterday!  I actually DOUBLED my sales from last year ... how awesome is that!


This is my 4th year participating in this craft show and each year has gotten better & better!  Of course, I think my display and products have gotten better & better too!
I've learned that segregating products works best for me.
Everyday cards are together on the left, separated by categories in the plastic media boxes so they can thumb through them ...
specialty items/fancy fold cards, kids card kits are in the middle along with advertising custom made Monogram Card Sets
 and Christmas gift card holders, money holders, Hershey bar pouch stocking stuffers, Christmas Cards (individual & sets), as well as all the tissue box covers are on the right and down the other table.

My best sellers this year were:
Hershey Bar Pouches
Tissue Box Covers
Money Holders (both Christmas & Wedding)
Everyday cards: Birthday, Sympathy & Baby

I wish I had made more Hershey Bar Pouches but you just never know if they will sell or if you're going to have to eat all those candy bars before the expiration date!  LOL!  This year I could have sold three times as many ... I'll keep that in mind for next year!

I have to give a big shout out to my friend Kim Bradfield who came and sat with me all day!  There were times when there were people the whole way around the table looking and asking questions and I don't know what I would have done without her help!  THANKS SO MUCH GIRLFRIEND!!!

I was also pleased to see my crafting friend Lana Edwards (Blest With Stamps) was able to secure a space for this years show!  We were quite far away from each other but visited each others booths through out the day to see how things were going.  Lana forgot her camera so I grabbed a quick photo for her before the show got started.  
Lana's work is gorgeous and her display looked AMAZING!!!  
Lana is my friend who got me involved in going to the Goodwill/Thrift Shop looking for old items that we can challenge each other to alter.  Here are a few of the altering challenges we have done in the past ... Clock ... Jewelry Box ... Mirror.  She tells me she had a successful day also and is looking forward to next years show.  Way to go girlfriend!!

Well, that's about it for me today!  Now I need to get my cave back in order ... yikes!  That's going to take awhile ... I have stuff EVERY WHERE!!  LOL!!  But before I go, I want to share with you a photo of the head of cauliflower Mark & I found at the local indoor farmer's market this morning ... this thing is HUGE ... (have no clue what I'm going to do with all of it), but it was too beautiful to pass up.  AND, they were ALL this size ... WOW!  Cauliflower on steroids!  LOL!


Hubby said we needed a helicopter full of Marines to get this thing home!
(hence this photo with his remote control Marine Helicopter ... you know how it is ... anything to keep hubby happy!  TeeHee!)  Okay ... now I need to go clean & separate this thing ... I wonder, CAN YOU FREEZE CAULIFLOWER?  Guess I'll have to google that one!

Have a wonderful day everyone and as always, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say hello!
Looks like it's going to be a dry day ... maybe I can get my outside work FINISHED!  Although I think shoes, jacket & a hat might be required (I don't wear shoes till it snows ... I'm a flip-flop kind of gal).
ENJOY!

8 comments:

  1. Darlene, I am thrilled to hear that you and Lana's craft show was very successful. Both of your displays look great. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the craft show was a success. You certainly had a nice display. Lana's
    display was nice,too. Hope you were able to find ways to use your "mammoth"
    size cauliflower. Did you weigh it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darlene!

    Check out who made Top Pix for the October challenge at the Great Impressions Stamps Blog!

    Hope you can stop in this week to play "Guess the Christmas Carol" to win some stampin' prizes too!

    Hugs,

    Jenny
    DT Coordinator
    Great Impressions Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warm hallo from the South
    I am so glad for you that you had a successful craft market and that it is over now. Enjoy the "off" time. Mine starts today until Saturday, though it is my first ever and I am not really sure what to expect. Will probably be more prepared next year!
    Have a fun day!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on having such a wonderful show, but it doesn't surprise me as your items are gorgeous...your set up looked great, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene,
    Loved your booth the purple looked fabulous and you even wore a matching shirt how cool!! The banner was a really nice addition too! :)Thank you so much girlfriend for all the help you have given me to get out there and try different things.Your a very talented and special lady!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW- awesome that your sales increased- I bet you have customers coming back for your gorgeous cards too! Love the look of Lana's booth too- does she paint porcelain too? Holy Moly- what did you do with that ginormous cauliflower???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.