Thursday, July 11, 2013

A.R.T. #5 Challenge

Are you ready for another fun challenge at A.R.T. (A Random Thursday) Challenge Blog.

Today our challenge is one that a lot of crafters struggle with . . .

MASCULINE BIRTHDAY

I must admit I enjoy making masculine cards but I know a lot of my friends struggle with this style.  
Today I really took the EASY WAY OUT and used a stamp set designed for the MEN in our lives.  


I also love working with plaid paper as the base for a masculine card and since I had both of these design papers in my SCRAP box ... what better place to start!   The stamp set I have used is from JustRite and after stamping and fussy cutting, I colored in the stripes, rope & scroll with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.

Once again I've succeeded in keeping my New Years Resolution to finish the inside of my cards.  I think the reason I have so much trouble with this is because I don't know what sentiment I want to put on the inside unless I actually have a person in mind to send it to!  
In this case, JustRite made it easy for me as this sentiment is part of the set.

Here are a few other challenges I'd like to enter:
Lady Anne's #10 - Anything Goes (must stamp)
Nutcrafters #47 - One for the Boys
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Paperminutes - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog today and I truly hope you'll come share your MASCULINE BIRTHDAY creations with us at A.R.T.

Have a wonderful, creative day and as always . . .



Recipe for my card:

Papers:  Kraft cs, Paper Pizazz dp, White cs, Burgundy cs
Stamps/Ink:  JustRite 'Anchors Away' #CR-03710, Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Spellbinder Classic Ovals, Fiskars swivel craft knife, xPress It Foam Mounting Tape, Tim Holtz black distress marker for doodling on inside




5 comments:

  1. Love this Dar...perfect masculine card! Neat stamps, and papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Darlene. I am one of those people who Struggle with male cards. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birthday card you made and great design! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dar, this is lovely! I always struggle quite a bit with men's cards and this one is just awesome. LOVE everything about it and quite certain it will be a blessing to its recipient. Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by to share with us this week, and I hope you have an amazing week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking card Darlene, I always enjoying looking at your work. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Lady Anne's Challenge's
    Lady Anne's Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.