Thursday, August 8, 2013

Joan's Gardens Challenge

Good Evening my friends . . .

I've been busy at work on a few creations today and one of them is for 
the current challenge over at Joan's Gardens.  

This week's requirements are:
  • Make a Vintage card
  • Use a bird
  • Use a scenic pattern paper
  • Use a die for your sentiment
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens.
I actually struggled a bit with this challenge ... just being sure I had all my bases covered.  Maybe that's because I was multi-tasking and as I get older I realize I don't do that as well as I used to!  LOL!  Anyways ... here's what I came up with.


The die set used for my sentiment is Spellbinder Labels 14.  I actually die cut from my design paper which meant I stamped my SU sentiment right onto the base card.  The next size die was too large for me to make my border so I die cut the same size panel from red cardstock and hand cut around it to make my border piece.    Using my DG4 Spectrum Noir alcohol marker, I did the green dots around the inside border so there wasn't quite so much white space.  A little different technique but it worked!

Well it's time for me to get 'out of the cave' and go sit with hubby for the evening.  The weather man has predicted bad storms here all day and they have been around us but we are still experiencing hot, humid weather. SO ... I broke down and put the A/C back on ... I just can't handle that humidity!  Uuugh ... makes you feel like a wet rag!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I love hearing your comments ... don't be shy!  LOL!
As always . . .
 Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Christmas red cs, K&Co. dp
Stamps:  Stampin' Up
Accessories:  Silk poinsettias from Archiver's,  Spellbinder Labels 14 die, Cheery Lynn Designs B184 Holly Corner die, Gold satin ribbon, red Stickles

3 comments:

  1. Darlene, I am struggling with this challenge, too. You did a great job, and I love the bird! So sweet. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Darlene. I love the color combination you used. Very vintage and very striking!
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Dar...love the patterned paper you chose and all your pretty details!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.