Monday, January 20, 2014

SWEETHEART Time of Year . . .

Good Monday Afternoon Everyone!
Yep ... it's my 2nd post of the day but I just couldn't help myself!

There are a couple of challenges that really caught my eye and I just HAD to play along.  
The challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs is SWEETHEARTS ... and the challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow is FIBRES & TEXTURES.


If you know me at all, you know I LOVE anything Vintage!  
So, these 2 challenges really called out to me!

Just today I purchased a paper pack by The Paper Studio called Harper's Boutique (50% off at Hobby Lobby).  The papers are all black & white with a vintage flair!  Perfect! So,THAT was my starting point!  
I knew I had some old vintage photos and was lucky enough to have this lovely couple riding an old vintage bicycle that fit my creation idea perfectly.  Now mind you ... I'm not sure if they were actually sweethearts ... if you look closely, she has a very grumpy look on her face  ... but there again, I don't think the ladies smiled much 'back in the day!'

What fun I had adding a fiber bow and feathers to my card.  
Something I never think to do but LOVE the outcome ... 
and it was so fitting for that time period! 
A touch of faux doodle stitching helped to bring attention as well!

Here are a few additional challenges:
My Time to Craft - All About Love
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Valentine's Day or Use Hearts

It's nearly dinner time ... guess I should start thinking what to prepare!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you've had a good start to your week!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  Red, White, Black cardstock, The Paper Studio 'Harper's Boutique' dp, Paper Pizazz dp
Image:  TJ Designs 'Vintage Photos'
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Celtic Heart' B144, 'French Pastry Tiny Doily' DL234,
Accessories:  Sweetheart sentiment - Crafty Secrets 'Vintage Valentine Kit', White Gelly Roll Pen for faux doodle stitching, Stampin' Up Fibres, JoAnn Fabrics white feathers

9 comments:

  1. Darlene, this is stunning, what a wonderful mix of color and dies and textures. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOhh La La...look at those gorgeous trims and feathers....reminds me of France for some reason...GORGEOUS!! YOu sure have been on a creative roll my friend, I need it to rub off on me...thanks so much for inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Darlene Your vintage-inspired Valentine Card is beautiful. Glad you entered the Simply Create Too "Valentine's Day or Hearts" Challenge #53.

    Remember, you can enter 3 of your creations in this challenge.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the contrast between your b&w vintage photo and your bright colors and textures! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous vintage Valentines card. the image looks wonderful. Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love that image and your gorgeous details, those feathers are great! Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card really pops, the old image and all the texture work so well together. Thanks for sharing this week at My Time To Craft.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how your image matches the BG PP. The feathers are a great touch to the vintage feel. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.