Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pastel Love

Happy Thursday Fellow Bloggers!
It's Thursday ... it's still cold ... it's nearly Valentine's Day
and I'm in the mood for a SKETCH!

When I first started card making, I found starting with a sketch was a very helpful starting point for me. Since that gave me the overall design element, I merely had to come up with the colors, theme and embellishments.  
 
I have found that over time I do MY OWN design and rarely begin with an actual 'sketch' ... so today I'm going back to my 'crafting roots' and found this wonderful sketch challenge to play along with at the Shabby Tea Room.


I took the liberty of turning the sketch on it's side since I wanted to use this beautiful vintage image from the Crafty Secrets 'Love Mail' Creative Scraps sheet.  Then I found these perfect matching papers from the Prima 'Sparkling Spring' 6x6 paper pack for my background.  I matted the image in hot pink cardstock and popped it up with pop dots.

To mimic the gorgeous rose cluster in the upper left corner of the image, I created my flower using the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Build a Flower 2' die set and peachy pink card stock. 
The leaves were cut from SU Old Olive cardstock and the Cottage Cutz 'Ivy' 4x4 die.
A touch of lace down the vertical panel is beige JAMBO lace adhesive cotton tape.

I love to add stitching to a vintage style design but since I haven't yet picked out my sewing machine (Christmas present from hubby) I did a little faux stitching & doodling with a matching pink ZIG fine tip marker.

A few additional challenges:
Crafting for all Seasons Challenge - Show Us Some Romance
 Crafting By Designs - Anything for Love
Divas by Design - With Love

Speaking of my wonderful hubby ... he just asked me out to an early Valentine's lunch so
I'm going to cut this post short and go get ready!
Thanks for stopping by ... hope you have a fabulous day!


5 comments:

  1. WOW...another stunner...beautiful, beautiful!!!!!!! Gorgeous flower....so inspiring!!!! Everyday I visit here is such a joy to see your stunning work!!! I am never disappointed by what you have to show us...gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar...I just love this one...so soft and vintage....pretty layout, too! Happy Valentine's Day...one day late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a stunning card Darlene, its so elegant and professional!
    Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week for our 'With Love' challenge and good luck
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. looks so elegant.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene,
    This looks lovely. Love the vintage sentiment & the wonderful flower. Hope you enjoyed your Valentines lunch :~) Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.