Friday, May 30, 2014

Time to play in the sand . . .

Happy Friday Everyone!
The weather is SO BEAUTIFUL here in Ohio right now that I'm having a very difficult time staying in my crafting cave and getting creative!  Even though it is 'work' ... I love being outside on a day like today weeding playing in my flower gardens, mowing the lawn (always looks so good in late spring/early summer) and just getting everything looking so nice after a long, cold winter!

But I have been wanting to play along in a few of my favorite challenges (started this card earlier in the week) so am taking the time today to get creative (indoors).  LOL!

The current challenge at Frilly and Funkie is Vintage Seaside and the current Cheery Lynn Designs challenge is Roses.  Both of which where on my mind when putting this card together!

I have had a few packs of vintage images in my stash for a couple of years now (purchased at Adventures in Stamping - Akron)  and I was certain I'd find something appropriate in one of those packs and I did!  LOVE these kids playing in the sand at the beach and I couldn't wait to try out my new Cheery Lynn Designs SMALL flower making strip dies.


I've also taken the opportunity to use up a few extra die cuts that have been laying on my worktable.  

Here's a few additional challenges to share in ...
Alphabet Challenge - H for Handmade Embellishments (roses)
Art By Miran Challenge #7 - Anything Goes
Cut It Up #46 - Summer Vacation

I hope you're having a fabulous week and thanks so much for stopping by!
As always ...

Recipe:
Papers:  SU Marina Mist cs, SU Blue Bayou cs, White cs, Forest Green cs, My Mind's Eye 'Lost & Found' dp, DCWV 65# pastel paper for flowers
Accessories:   TJDesigns 'Vintage Photographs', Offray Antique Blue Grosgrain ribbon, Stickles 'twilight', Tim Holtz 'tea dye' distress ink, large sponge dauber, Zutter distrezz it, White Liquid Pearls,
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs - Tea Rose Sm (B435), Gardenia Sm (B433), Fanciful Flourish (B117)  ...  Wild Rose Studio - Blossom Burst (WRS-011) ... Impression Obsession - Fence Trio (DIE034) ... Joy! Crafts - Grass (6002/0137)

22 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous card. Love it.
    Hugs Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card with a fab layout, Darlene. Your flowers are fanastic and I also love your sweet little image on this card. Thanks for joining in the Challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week and Good Luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene I just love this gorgeous card, it is stunning......

    (you made me feel quite jealous over the weather, we have the usual British summer...least said I feel....)

    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, what a pretty card. Great colors and darling image. I also love the fence on the corner.
    Very fun card!!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Darlene! I love the vintage photo of the kids playing in the sand.... and the roses and colors are beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card so great for summer time. Thanks for sharing Jacqui from Craftitude

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Dar! That image is fab with the flourishes and flowers! Great job!
    Thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Challenges! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are to die for! Super fantastic card. I love the vintage print. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful vintage card, Darlene. Love that plaid and your beautiful flowers. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute vintage image. Thanks for sharing your Summer Vacation project at Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Darlene what a gem of a card! Love the way you've used the image with your die cuts and those delicious flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful flowers. Such a lovely color.

    Thanks for joining our handmade embellishment challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dar, this is a really beautiful card! I'm a beach bum at heart, so I appreciate the sweet vintage image. Love the plaid and the blue together. Gorgeous flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to agree, it is beautiful!!! Love the vintage image and the gorgeous blue roses....well, heck, love the entire thing!!! Good luck on the challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. It is perfect for our seventh ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely vintage vibe. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card. I love the papers the image and just about everything about it. Hus Tina Stamping with the Dragon (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Love that sweet image :-) Thanks for playing along with us at Cut It Up. Cindy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, Darlene! Beautiful image and I love how you've created the scene with your embellishments.
    Thank you for joining in with our Anything Goes Challenge at Artbymiran and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene