Friday, June 13, 2014

Do you know a good Mechanic?

. . . I do and it's my Son-in-Law, Frank!
Hello Friends!
Today I have a card to share with you that I think I'll send along to my SIL for Father's Day.
He's a fabulous father to my grandchildren and I just want him to know that it's noticed!  Plus he's a 'car guy' through and through so this will be perfect!


My image and sentiment come from the Crafty Secrets Digital Car Classics set.
I used some Paper Pizazz plaid design paper from the background as well as embossed a sheet of silver metallic paper with a Sizzix embossing folder to create the metal plating panel. 

I hope you'll pop over to Crafty Secrets and check out all the fabulous images, papers, stickers and so much more that is available for purchase at a VERY REASONABLE price.  SO MANY category themes ... I'm sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for!

Here are a few challenges I'd like to enter into today!
Creative Corner Challenge - Just for Boys
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Any sentiments for a Guy
MilkCoffee Challenge - For a Dad/Special Male
Sassy Studios - All about the Men
Hobbybook Designer Challenge - Dad/Male
The Male Room - Father's Day
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Father's Day/For a Male
Papertake Weekly - For the Boys

Thanks so much for stopping by today and taking a peek!
Hope you have a FABULOUS weekend ahead!
I have landscapers coming to help clean up my flower beds & mulch today so I'd better get the mowing done before they show up (or it rains! lol)

11 comments:

  1. Darlene this is stunning and your sil will love it.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I love that image and the metallic plate! I think I prefer the colours you used on your card than the one I did. For sentimental reasons I was stuck with a salmon car. I love that you can enlarge this image with the new digital set, it was hardly noticeable in its original size

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Dar, this card is fabulous on so many levels! The "steel" accent plays perfectly with the awesome masculine plaid background, and the retro colors you chose for the image are just perfect! It is just so nostalgic and masculine and FUN! Wowsers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Darlene what a fab masculine card. The retro image is perfect and the DPs go so well. Love the embossing on the metallic card - Wow! The sentiment is brilliant. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Sentiments - good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Men sure do like that car's Darlene don't they !! Great male card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs !! Hope you will again soon sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect card for your SIL.....you are always so good with the "manly" cards.....and as I said, this one is perfect!!! I would imagine he will be pleasantly surprised with this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card.

    Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiment with our sentiment for a guy challenge. Tracey DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous male card! Lovely layout and great backing paper! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Milk Coffee challenge.
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous retro card! Great colors and the sentiment is grand for that guy! Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure your son-in-law loved this card. The image and sentiment are just fabulous and I do like the embossed steel plate panel. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This so reminds me of my dad - he owned a gas station! Thanks for the smile and Thanks for joining in with The Male Room~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene