background

Friday, August 15, 2014

"His Love Given to Thee"

Hello again my friends ... 
forgive me for having a 2nd post today but I've been trying to get this card made 
and posted ALL WEEK!  Just can't wait another day to share it with you!

It's for the sketch challenge over on Our Daily Bread Challenge Blog
and the deadline is Sunday evening.  
Going to be a busy weekend so, NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT!!!

You should take a moment and pop over to see what everyone is creating with this fun sketch.  I really like this one and will be keeping it in my files for future reference!    Here's my card for today . . .

So what do you think??
**NEED YOUR HELP & SUGGESTIONS!**
Should I leave the inside of this card BLANK so it would have plenty of room for someone to write a note/short letter to someone who needs encouraging words?  OR SHOULD I turn it into a SYMPATHY card?
I look forward to hearing what you have to say on the subject!

Let's see if I can find a few other challenges to share in today . . .
Brown Sugar Challenge - Anything Goes
Craft for the Craic Challenge - Craft Item you've never used before (seashell charms - entire pack has been in my stash for at least 3 years)
Crafts 4 Eternity - Something Old (seashell charms)
Stempelsonnen Challenges - Stamp as Mail Focus (hand colored)
Sweet Pea Stamps Challenge - Embossing
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Well, I'd better get moving.  I have to leave shortly to drive over to Pennsylvania and link up with about a dozen of my (old) high school girl pals for dinner and an evening of chit chat.  It's a 2 hour drive so I won't be chit chatting tooooo long!  LOL!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I really would appreciate you opinion on this card!
As always ...

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, Hot Off the Press 'water' dp
Stamps/ink:  ODB 'Anchor' and 'The Mighty Sea' stamp sets/ Versafine Onyx ink
Accessories:  Spellbinder Classic & Scallop Oval dies, Darice seashell charms, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and pencils, Cuttlebug embossing folder

16 comments:

  1. Sehr schön gemacht. Tolle Karte.
    Danke daß du bei der SsC mitmachst.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tolle Karte. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der SsC.

    LG, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wie schön! Die Karte find ich Klasse! Perfekt egal ob für Mann oder Frau :)

    Danke das Du bei der SsC mit machst.

    Liebe Grüße
    Sternenglanz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful!! I suddenly have the craving to go swimming! That image is so striking and the blue wave paper really pulls it together! I just love your little shell embellies! Fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Dar.....you sure nailed the sketch!! I would leave it blank.....I had a great idea once to stamp some various sentiments on a few decorative labels, put scor tape on the back and sell little bags of them (for the shows) to just peel and stick inside the cards for whatever the need might be...just a thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Dar!! I just love your take on the sketch and your gorgeous and bright coloring of the anchor. The shells are the perfect addition!! I personally would leave it blank although I agree it makes a perfect sympathy card!! Thanks for sharing and joining the sketch challenge!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card...I LOVE your use of vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty, Darlene! I always enjoy your lovely cards and visiting your blog to say hello. I hope all is well with you. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week.
    Bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Dar! Love the bright bold papers, your coloring and textures! I vote to leave the inside blank. This beauty can be used several ways. So glad you created with us this week at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. It is perfect for our 12th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote for blank - makes it more versatile. This is beautiful - love the image, the colors, and the charms. Lovely card Darlene. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Darlene, your card is absolutely beautiful! It is so beautifully colored, and your take on the sketch is lovely! I love the embossed background you chose, and delightful charms, and especially the sentiment! So glad you've joined us for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs! (P. S. I tend to leave cards blank inside to write my personal note. Having lost both parents, I have appreciated more personal notes rather than "sympathy" sentiments. It was far more comforting...for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Darlene :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Card, personally I would leave it blank, thanks for sharing it with us in the brown sugar challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. This so so gorgeous. Love the image and sentiment.

    Thanks for joining our embossing challenge at The Sweet Pea Stampers.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty

    Thanks for joining us over at Craft for the Craic.
    DT Katya x
    http://madewithlovebykatya.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene