Thursday, October 12, 2017

Birthday Balloons . . .

Happy Thursday Everyone!

Over the next couple of days, I will have more birthday cards to share with you.  I'm still working on having enough for the upcoming Fall craft show at the local high school.  As we all know, the most mailed greeting card is the Birthday Card so I want to be sure and have a variety to share & sell.


Inside 


For the focus image on both cards, I've used the Technique Tuesday 'Umpteenth Birthday' stamp set.  For the inside verse, I've used the My Sentiments Exactly! 'Birthday Innies & Outies' stamp set.

The Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Rectangles' were used for the design.  I actually die cut the rectangle from my background designer paper (old Kaiser Craft & Basic Grey) then adhered my image behind the designer paper.  Using two of the larger dies, I created my 'frame' and popped it up with dimensional tape.

Pretty easy peasy but I think gives a nice effect!

Challenges to share in:
Daisy Chain Challenge #13 - Happy Birthday
Digistamps4Joy Challenge #141 - ATG w/optional Happy Birthday

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

16 comments:

  1. Love it, those balloons are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frames really make the images stand out, super cards. Thank you for sharing at Ooh La La
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and a great design! Oh, my gosh, I never have enough birthday cards and am always scrambling. Love the sentiment on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute. It gives hope to those of us over 30....er 40, um.....50 and up. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! LOVE how you have framed these, very striking. Really points everything up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cards, Darlene. The framed effect really makes the sentiment and images stand out. Love the two different papers you've used. Using the nesting stitched rectangles really adds a nice dimension to the cards. Of course the balloons still steal the show. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, Darlene! They're both lovely designs but I really like the sentiment very much! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute, love the framing on both cards, like the pattern on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha these are great! I think you will sell completely out of all of your beautiful and fun birthday cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week Darlene and sharing these great "framed" birthday cards. Love this concept and those beautiful rectangular dies. What a great enhancement to your stamped balloon image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! You are right birthday cards are always needed and the most sent. Love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards! Great color choice! Thanks so much for joining my All About Birthdays challenge at Watercooler Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards, Darlene! Love the frames - they really make the focal image pop. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Darlene:
    This is so sweet. I appreciate you sharing it with us, and really hope you're having a great week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous cards with us at Ooh La La Creations. Really made me smile! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene