Saturday, October 21, 2017

Gift Card Holders

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Over the weekend I plan on working on more goodies for the 2017 Craft Show. 
Yesterday I started on the gift card holders I will be needing.
Plus, my mother called and said she needed 5 so I'll do those first!


Inside
This is an easy to make gift card holder.
I've share the dimensions before but I will share it with you again.

DIRECTIONS:
(You can get 2 holders from one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock.)

Base card:
CUT: 8 1/2" x 5"
SCORE: 3 1/2" and 7"

Decorative panels:
Front:  4 3/4" x 3 1/4"
Holder Flap:  4 3/4" x 1 1/4" 

I have used various 6x6 Christmas paper packs
for today's card holders.
TIP:  You can decorate SIX holders with one sheet of 12 x 12 designer paper (if you're careful ... need more
info let me know!


On the lower section for the holder,
I typically use a Gold or Silver Pilot Marker to
create a defining edge.  This way, once
you adhere your ends, you can easily see where
the opening is for your gift card.


Sometimes I've used a circle punch and
punched a  half circle in the middle of that flap for 
even more definition.

1/8" Scor-tape is used to adhere the ends.

I completed 10 yesterday and cut & scored 14 more to finish today before our
friends come for lunch and a visit.  Yikes I'd better get busy lol!

Here are a few more of those I finished yesterday.






Decorate to your liking.  Either very fancy or very plain.
Since I have small envelopes for each holder so they are mailable,
I've kept the designs pretty simple.

The ovals are actually 'scraps' left over from the holes
I cut in the lid of my tissue box covers.
'Waste Not ... Want Not' ... lol

Challenges to share in:
QKR Stampede Challenge #266 - ATG
Simply Papercraft Challenge #51 - ATG
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #438 - Christmas
 Little Miss Muffet Challenge #174 - ATG
The Merry Christmas Challenge #39 - ATG Christmas

Well I'd better get busy ... only a few hours before friends are here.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!

As Always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.