Sunday, January 21, 2018

A Quick Birthday card . . .

Happy Sunday All!
Today I have a card to share that literally took 10 minutes to create.
The inspiration for this card is the current Seize the Birthday Challenge 
which of course is 'birthday themed' but the topper is 'One Layer'


and the CAS (Clean & Simple) Challenge over at
the Moving Along With the Times Challenge Blog.


Now, those who know me & my creative style, know
that a CAS card is not my 'usual' ... but it was really fun to think
outside the box today!  And, if I want to build up my stash,
this is the way to go!!  Plus, I need THREE birthday cards
for the end of the week ... 1 down, 2 to go!  LOL


I created a template using an older Spellbinder
scalloped heart die set.  I just had to choose the size
I thought would work the best for my A6 size card.

Next I grabbed my Tim Holtz Oxide Distress Inks and
their coordinating sponge daubers and applied my rainbow
color.  All I needed now was a sentiment and I 
thought this fun curvy birthday sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly!
would work beautifully!

You have NO IDEA how difficult it is for me to STOP right there!!!
I just want to keep adding ... but I will refrain!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
The temperatures are to be in the 40s today ... OMG Heat Wave!
I hope you are having a fabulous day!

HOLD ON ... HOLD ON ...
After writing up this post (on Friday) I was cleaning up my station, and as I
was about to toss out the heart template I had made for the above card, I
decided it still had enough life in it to create another card ... here ya go!

I actually like this second card better than the first!  WHO KNEW!!  LOL

Other challenges to share in:
Crafter's Castle January Challenge #1 - ATG
Brown Sugar Challenge #274 - Birthday
Aud Sentiments Challenge #195 - ATG
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Add a Sentiment
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #318-#319 - ATG
Mod Squad Challenge - Rainbows
Crazy for CAS #2 - Colors of the Rainbow

Once again, thanks for stopping by today!
As always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.