Tuesday, March 13, 2012

More Inspiration from Heather . . .

Over the weekend, I shared a few creations with you that I made while being inspired by Heather Telford (Bits & Pieces) and promised to share a few more with you later in the week.  So, here we go . . .

 These first two cards were created by first making a 'mask'.
 I took a piece of cardstock the same size as what I was using for the front of my card and cut an oval in it using my largest Spellbinder classic oval die.  Then attached it to my white panel using removal tape on either side.
 Next I  proceeded to do my stamping and sponging before removing the mask.

Sympathy card:
Inks: SU old olive and pink pirouette
Stamps: SU Embrace Life and Stem Silouettes


Thinking of You card:
Inks:  SU old olive and Delicata 'Golden Glitz'
Stamps:  SU French Scrips and Autumn Leaf Prints

   I am SUPER THRILLED with how this 'Winter Birthday' creation turned out!  Following the masking, sponging guidelines on one of Heather's posts, I was able to achieve this beautiful creation.

Winter Birthday card:
Inks:  Tim Holtz distress inks ... broken china & tumbled glass, SU Soft Sky
Stamps:  Penny Black 'Winter Sky' and the sentiment is Impression Obsession
"Eclipse" masking medium was used for the masking.  Large sponge daubers were used for sponging.

Several of the cards I've made over the past couple of days have an 'oriental' feel to them and there's a reason for that.  The lady hosting the 'card party' next weekend loves Japanese style.  Now, I will admit ... that is definitely NOT my style, but I am really trying to create something that will be close to what she has in mind.  When I saw THIS CARD  on Heather's blog I thought perhaps it would be close to what Barb is looking for.

Heartfelt card:
Inks:  SU Almost Amethyst, ColorBox Rose Coral chalk ink
Stamps:  SU 'Embrace Life', SU 'Heartfelt Thanks'
Accessories:  black Galaxy marker (color in flowers), white Gelly Roll Pen (for accent on flowers), large sponge daubers

Lastly, is a card that using embossing & brayering. Here is a Link to Heather's card that I cased and she explains the steps that she took. I used different colors than she did on her card but followed her steps in creating it ... with the exception of the Masking Fluid ... I don't have any of that but will certainly be looking to purchase some ... she uses it on several of her creations.

Friend card
Inks:  SU River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Versamark
Stamps:  SU 'Stem Silhouettes', Crafty Secrets 'Wildflowers' (dragonfly & sentiment)
Paper:  SU River Rock, black

Sorry for such a long posting but I just couldn't help but share these creations with you today.  I have a couple more that were inspired from another lady that I will share with you at the end of the week.  Thanks so much for being patient with me while I boast a bit. LOL!  I guess I've gotten away from actual stamping & techniques lately and it has certainly felt good to get 'inky' again.  Hope you found some inspiration through this posting also!  HAPPY DAY!

Hugs,
Darlene

6 comments:

  1. gosh youve been busy...and the cards are all gorgoues i especially like the birdie on with the scenery it turned out fabby..and the sympathy very fitting and spot on they are all great creations from a ubber talented lady hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh these are all such gorgeous cards,the scenery is just amazing,the detail on all of them is just so beautiful love Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations. Especially love the silhoette stamping
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Darlene, you don't do things by half LOL. Everyone of them is gorgeous. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each one of your cards in this post bring something new to the table. I've also forgotten how much fun getting 'inky' is and you've inspired me to drag out my inking box. I know I shouldn't pick favourites....but your Winter Birthday Card is amazing, especially that sky and how you've created the deepth in the snow drifts. Thanks so much for sharing your creative cards. It's always a pleasure to drop over to catch up. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all amazing!! Yes, the winter birthday card is fantastic! It's art!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.