Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Here's a Quickie!

Hello Sweet Friends!
I'm out the door early this morning, headed to my mother's in Pennsylvania to pick up her and my aunt then headed to the Pittsburgh Airport for Aunt Mary Jane's return flight to her home in Texas.  She has been visiting for the past 2 weeks, staying with my mom, in order to attend our family reunion.  Mom has truly enjoyed her visit and companionship these past weeks since they are the last 2 from a family of 12 children.   Mom's really going to miss her!  When you are 88 and 84 years of age, you truly treasure every moment together you have.

BUT, before heading out I just had to share this really quick & easy card with you that I created over the past weekend.  It's always so easy to create a quick card when you have beautiful designer paper to start with.  And that was the basis for this card.


 This paper I believe is from a very old Stampin' Up holiday package (I have way too much paper but that's not going to stop me from buying more! lol).    And, as you can see, all it really needed was a sentiment up in the upper corner and I chose a recently purchase Sue Wilson 'Mini Expression' die called 'Let It Snow'.  I must confess ... I had a couple other sentiment dies that I was considering using on this card but I really like the 'scrolly' (is that even a word?) font on this one so that was my deciding factor
 Sue Wilson Designs - Mini Expressions - Let It Snow

Now of course, I just couldn't leave well enough alone, and besides the poinsettia flower centers were just BEGGING to be given some color.  We all know that poinettia centers are yellow in color (right? I think! lol) so to the Nuvo box I went and grabbed the bottle of Nuvo Gloss Dandelion Crystal Drops and carefully covered each of the white spots with yellow Nuvo.  Now that's better!!

Nuvo Crystal Drops - Gloss Dandlion Yellow


 


The holidays will be upon us before we know it so any help in getting my holiday cards completed is a plus!

That's it for today ... I'd better scoot ... don't want her to miss her flight!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.