Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Double D - Wishes

Hello Dear Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Diane is hosting today and as you can see by my blog title ... the theme is
WISHES ARE POSSIBLE
(Anything with 'wish' in it ... i.e.  Wishing you a happy birthday, wish you were here, Best Wishes, etc)

Here is the fabulous mood board she has created to help inspire you . . .

 I went with a relatively CAS design today ... hope you like it!


 With the help of my Tim Holtz stamping platform, 
I stamped this pretty Inkadinkado 'Meadow' floral image and

Memory Box - Dies - Open Studio - Wrapped Stitch Frames
After putting the panels in place for my sentiment,
I wasn't happy with the narrow white space between the panels
so covered it up with a bead of Black Stickles.  (It looks a little
messy in the photo but that's because it wasn't dry yet ... impatience lol)
After it's dry, I might add a little butterfly above the sentiment.
What is it about too much white space that drives me bonkers??  lol
Anyways, I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!

Here's what Diane has up for grabs to one lucky random draw winner.
 
Cheery Lynn Designs Make A Wish dies


What a fun prize!  
So, come play along using our theme and YOU might be our random winner!!
   Hope to see you there!
As always . . .
UPDATE:  I warned you I just couldn't leave it alone!  LOL

 What are your thoughts?  Better WITH or WITHOUT the Butterflies???
Thanks everyone!!  Happy Day to you!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like several of us were inspired by the dandelion in the inspiration photo. I remember making a wish with them as a little kid. I do love how you kept your cared CAS, but I think I really love the little yellow butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Darlene! The contrast between the black and white makes for a dramatic design that pulls you in. I see we have the same stamp set too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those CAS cards! Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. I feel your indecision as I've been there many times. I do like the butterflies in this case. You placed them perfectly for balance and just a spot of color. Black Stickles are one of my favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CAS design. I love the pop of yellow you added with the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely both the CAS, my favourite has butterflies on it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this CAS design with black and white! It's simplicity at it's finest with just the right amount of sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful make and love the touch of yellow with the black n white. Lovely card.xx ♥aNNie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful in the black and white and you certainly have achieved a very classy looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Darlene it is just beautiful, I love how elegant it is, like how the flower is hanging outside the frame, great design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha I loved your card as 'was' but I adore it now with the step to step transformation. Stickles and a POP of color in those sweet butterflies, it just adds a bit more oomph, yes? The black and white palette were elegant to begin with and I like how you stamped the floral image, it was perfect! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally get it. I'm terrible at CAS cards because I just can't leave it alone :-) I love the pop of colour that your cute butterflies bring to the card. Black and white is very dramatic and the butterflies soften the design. Love it!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elegant and classy and I do LOVE the touch of yellow with the butterflies for the perfect balance!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very elegant and absolutely gorgeous Darlene! Love the pop of color you added afterwards. Beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card. I love the black and white, very classy and absolutely stunning. It really shows off that beautiful floral silhouette. Wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.