Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Bleaching Technique

Hello Friends!

This past Sunday, I shared a card I created for the CAS MIX UP Challenge using a 'Bleaching' Technique and Stamps.  I actually had created 2 cards to share in that challenge but then my friend brought it to my attention that the challenge is also CAS ... well pooh!  Missed that fact!  So even though I don't feel I can now enter these two cards into the challenge, I still wanted to share them with you and encourage you to give this technique a go ... I'm really impressed with the outcome!

Second thought ... maybe they are CAS enough to qualify ... I will enter them and if not that's okay too ... at least they will know I loved their theme and wanted to show off my creations.

On my 1st card,  I've used Jennifer McGuire's tutorial ... found here: 
Coloring with Bleach - Jennifer McGuire (13:07)

What do you think?


I've used TH Oxide Distress Inks 'Salty Ocean & Chipped Sapphire'. The stamp set used for my leaves & flower are from Simon Says Stamps called 'Even More Spring Flowers' (#SSS101814) and my sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping.

I actually followed the base card that Jennifer created by cutting my card stock at an angle first.  After smearing & sponging on my inks as she did, I then did the water spritzing for the upper portion and the bleaching for the lower portion.



For my 2nd card,  I used the technique shared by Andrea Kidman found here:
Watercolour card with bleach - Andrea Kidman (6:16)


After watching the video, I grabbed a few of my artist brushes and began creating. As instructed but not nearly as well as she did, I began layering my background using the colors across the back row of my watercolor box from right to left (4 colors) ...


My stamp is an old stamp by Whispers - Sugarloaf Products (circa 2003).  After bleaching the butterfly and while my brush was drying out I lightly made some STREAKS across the background.  Lastly I splattered white watercolor using a little larger brush.

Well, that's it for me today!  
Stay safe and healthy my friends!
We will get through this Corona Virus outbreak as long as
everyone follows the rules and watches out for friends & family.

Friendly reminder . . .
Image result for wash hands images

Thanks so much for stopping by!
As always . . .


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous designed creations my friend and both are wow factors.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two bleached beauties here Dar! The one with leaves is fantastic. The top portion has a dreamy bokeh effect, which I love. The card with the butterfly is so artsy. What a fabulous background and stunning card. Well done on both of them! I tried this bleaching technique the other day. I just have to photograph my card and get it posted. Thanks for all the lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautifully created and you have perfect stamps for both....I think you should enter then anyways!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blues. These are just fabulous cards.
    [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, for my reminder card I followed Andrea Kidman and had mixed results also, a much softer look to the bleaching and much less colour removal which will be published on the 15th April. I love you pretty butterfly. Thanks for sharing your card at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of them, but the leafy one is my fav! I used to use bleach a lot in my cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! I was all agog over the first card with the leaves, and then along came your second card with the butterfly! Those streaks really take the background to a different level. Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them both and they look fairly CAS to me. I hope you entered them. I really am impressed with them. Both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the angle on the card, pretty bleaching on the bottom but I really love the softness of the top!
    The streaks on the second give the illusion of movement from the butterfly, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Darlene. Two beautiful bleached cards. I'm so happy you enjoyed playing along with us this month at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.