Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Double D Challenge - Banners

Hello Sweet Friends!

It's April Fool's Day but I'm not one for playing pranks so I'll just 'get on with it!'   LOL

We have a new challenge to share with you over on Double D today
and the awesome Diane is our hostess!  The theme she has chosen is . . .

BANNERS

What fun!  Check out this amazing mood board she has created for your inspiration:


When I think of banners, I immediately think of birthdays ...
So that is where my brain was when creating this card ...


To create today's card I've used the Sue Wilson - Shadow Box Collection - 'Celebrations' die set (#ced9314) and the Poppystamps 'Whittle Cupcake'
Poppystamps - Dies - Whittle Cupcake
I've used various scraps of card stock to create my banner and baker's twine for the 'rope' that holds my pendents.  


I've added extra sparkle by die cutting the balloons from DCWV sparkle card stock then once again used baker's twine for  the strings.



Diane has this fun Cutter Bee 'Banners' die set as the prize to one lucky random winner.   WOW!  How cool is that!!   Remember ... you gotta play to win!


Challenges to play in:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday
Everybody Art Challenge #466 - Kids

Be sure to pop over to our Double D Challenge Blog and check out what the design team ladies have created ... they are amazingly talented and I'm sure you'll find more wonderful inspiration!

Hope to see you there!

As always . . .

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous banners and awesome birthday card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the shadow box look, you can put so many wonderful things in each slot! This is a great celebration card! Love the happy little banner and glittered balloons! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Dar! I love that you were able to use your scraps to create this. I need to do more of these types of cards. Thanks for inspiring me to dig into my scrap box and get creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously created card full of sparkle and shine and sure to make anyone happy to receive it! Loving those pretty balloons that draw your attention to them right away...perfect challenge card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun birthday card! Love the bright primary colors! Stay well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene you have used my favorite background die that I finally bought for myself. It can be used in so many different ways and you have just inspired me with another. I lvoe all of the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just the pretty flowers at the top of your blog made me happy. Love your card. Fun colors and die cuts to make your card sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you know I have banner dies and love to use them! I'll seriously think about this... hmmm... thinking right now. You have a cute and inspiring card for a sample!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a fun birthday card you have created with those colorful banners. And adding the balloons, cupcake and candles makes it even more festive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute and festive design with all the pretty glitter, such a fun sentiment to go with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card. I love all the elements and design. Great colors too, just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.