Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Double D Challenge - Pine Trees and/or Pine Cones

Hello Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge at the Double D Challenge Blog and, it's another fun theme chosen by Diane ... also check out the amazing mood board she has designed to inspire you!

 Our theme is: PINE TREES AND/OR PINE CONES

This was a fun theme for me as it gave me a chance to ink up my Stampscapes Stamps once again.  I love these stamps and don't use them nearly enough.  They are fabulous for creating a scene as I have done today!   Here's the mood board Diane has created for our inspiration . . .


As you will see, the image on the bottom left of the mood board is what caught my attention and as I said ... these Stampscapes stamps worked perfectly for my card today.  Here ya go ... what do you think?


I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks to create my background ... the two shades of blue basically before stamping my scenery stamps.  Then using the Picket Fence Studio blending brushes, I added extra color once my scene was in place.  I also used a light brown Spectrum Noir alcohol marker on the rocks.






If you've never used these stamps and like what you see, you really should check out their website and watch him do a few tutorials.  He does a lot of 'thinking while he's talking' but he's an amazing artist and has thought through everything you'd need to create some amazing scenes. 

My stamps are all at least 8-10 years old so are mostly all wood block mounted.  But, over the years, he has created a lot of new stamps and they are now available  mounted or unmounted.

Here's a closeup of the coloring:


Dies & Other Products:
Memory Box - Wrapped Stitched Frames #30117
Nuvo 'Black' Crystal Drops

Diane has this fabulous prize offered to one lucky winner.
But, you have to play to win!!
 


 Be sure to pop over to our Double D Challenge Blog and check out what the design team ladies have created ... they are amazingly talented and I'm sure you'll find more wonderful inspiration! 

Challenges to share in:
 
Hope to see you there!

As always . . .


24 comments:

  1. My fav stamps and funny I was actually going to use one too...lovely result. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card,my favorite stamps.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. Your background is beautiful and you have created such a lovely scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning, Dar! The combined stamped images look amazing. I love that you framed a smaller portion of this beautiful scene. Lovely sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! They are beautiful stamps and you painted the scene so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What to I think? First I need to close my mouth and then I have to just say....Glittering, Grand, a dream come true. You did a impressive job on this one my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really, really beautiful! Such a lovely and serene scene and it makes for a perfect sympathy card (too bad we need them). Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so incredibly gorgeous, Darlene! You always work wonders with these stamps. Your sky and the colors are all so natural looking. I need to be there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A real beauty here, Darlene! Love the little inset frame. Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A real beauty here, Darlene! Love the little inset frame. Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fabulous scene, so realistic!!! A wonderful car!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful scene using Stampscapes stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh!! This card is like a little work of art!!! What an amazing scene, Darlene, I love the calm and nature feel of it, just gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    Hugs.
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Dar, your forest scene is stunning! You do such an amazing job with the scene building stamps. Your scenes are like little pieces of art worthy of being framed. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always do a beautiful job of blending the stamps and making a fabulous scene, love your coloring of it too! love how you used the die to frame it also!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! I love how you have composed this realistic scene with these stamp images! It really is amazing! Your coloration is spot on and you have captured the feeling in the mood board perfectly!
    Take care!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a romantic scene. It looks amazing and so peaceful
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards
    Hugs
    Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT Crazy Craft Corner{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Goodness! This is superb! Love your colouring and the use of the white frame really draws you in to the scene. As I don't know these stamps, it was great to see what the stamps were so I could better appreciate how you'd combined them. Marvellous job! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful scene. I love how you combined your stamps to create this pine scene.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Darlene, you nailed this challenge. The landscape scene is so beautiful and the colours stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE what you have done with the Stampscapes. They are so fun, and you have used them perfectly here. Your coloring is spot on, I wish I was in that scene, it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.