Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crafty Secrets Challenge - Orange/Black

I finally got the time to make my card(s) for Tuesday's Crafty Secrets challenge hosted by Pammyjo. She has asked us to use the colors Orange and Black but not necessarily Halloween cards ... we were to try and "think out of the Halloween box". Well when I made my first card, I was having difficulty with my mojo and settled for Halloween.


The background was made using dark orange paper from the Basic Grey Amrosia paper pack ... stamped using a gauze bg stamp and the "little monsters" is from the Crafty Secrets Halloween Fun set. The main image is from the Crafty Secrets Seasonal booklet, the sentiment is from Crafty Secrets Halloween Cuts and the witches shoes are from the Halloween Fun set and I cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals to work as photo corners. Hope you like it ...



This is my second card and was influenced by my DH. While waiting at the eye surgeons office yesterday, I was telling him about the challenge and how were were to use these two colors but not necessarily on a Halloween card! His suggestion was to make a card with Northern Orioles on it ... so after some playing around, here is what I came up with!!

The birds are from two different CS sets ... Bird Lovers and Bird Notes. The sky was done using a stamp by Ala Art and soft sky ink. It was difficult to color the bird in flight because I didn't have a photo of an oriole with it's wings spread ... so I did my best. Haven't gotten approval from "the boss" yet ... but I think it looks okey, dokey!!! What do you think??

Thanks so much for stopping by ... sorry I've bee a little slow on updates ... DH is having health difficulty and my attention has been on him ... but I'll be here as I can!! Love hearing from all of you ... thanks for helping to keep my spirits up during this difficult time!!!



5 comments:

  1. Both cards are great! And it is wonderful that your attention is focused on him : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the Orioles. I love those bird stamps and you have done some great things with them.

    I am praying for your hubby! Keep us posted.

    hugs
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMW, I love the Halloween Hot Tub! Too cute! And great idea Mark had for the Orioles! That card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Halloween card! I love the witches shoes. Great idea of your hubby for the oriole card. Maybe he's a future stamper too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.