Friday, October 31, 2008

The Rubber Cafe DT cards


I know, I know ... it's too early for Valentine's Day cards you say, but that happens to be what The Rubber Cafe DT is working on at the moment so please bear with me ... hey who knows, I might even give you some great ideas !!!
The four images I'm working with are the Woman's Face, Lg. Lace Heart, Floral Spray and Happy Valentine's Day.
The card on the left was made using ONLY 3 of the 4 stamps mentioned above. The only thing added was the Darice red sheer ribbon, colored the flowers in the spray using Prisma pencils and double matted the main image using glossy black and red cardstock. How simple yet elegant is this card ... I'm very happy with it!!
The card on the right is also a pretty easy card to make. I used SU whisper white as the card base then stamped it using the Happy Valentine's Day sentiment stamp with SU real red ink to make my background. The panels #2 & #3 are simply red cardstock which I have outlined using my Creative Memories round tip black marker and wrapped Michaels polka-dot sheer ribbon around the panel #3. The hearts where stamped using Versafine Black, colored the ribbons with a ZIG real red marker and cut them out with my handy-dandy swivel craft knife. Using a Creative Memories fine tip black marker, I hand wrote the Forever Yours sentiment inside the hearts.
What fun cards to make (once I finally got my creative juices flowing again ...) and look, I'm WAY AHEAD of the game!!! Thanks for stopping by and please come back again ... I LOVE hearing from you all!!! Have an AWESOME day ...

5 comments:

  1. I really love these card Darlene! FABulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! You got the face stamp! It's such a versatile stamp! I have one similiar of a young girls face and I use it a lot! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me? You *handwrote* the sentiment?! Wow, I wish my writing looked even half that stylish, great job! Love the dramatic impact of these two Darlene, elegant and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Cards! Its great to meet up and work with friends isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these two cards are absolutely beautiful.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.