Well I'm back with my card for the current challenge at Joan's Gardens.
Here are the requirements for this challenge:
- Use Yellow, Black and White
- Use a Frame
- Use something to do with Spring (parasol, umbrella, etc.)
- You must use something sold at Joan's Gardens on your card.
(click on photo to enlarge)
On the last post I shared with you photos of all the new goodies I purchased at Joan's this week so of course I couldn't wait to incorporate a few of them onto this card.
Here's what I used (I will highlight those purchased through Joan's Gardens):
Die-Versions 'Floral Parasol" die
Cheery Lynn Designs DL233 Italian Flourish Tiny Doily
Spellbinder S5-159 Gold Labels Four dies
PinkPaislee Butterfly Garden 6x6 pattern paper
Martha Stewart Branch punch
Art Glitter Adhesive (dries clear)
Provocraft Cuttlebug embossing folder
x-Press It High Tack Foam Mounting Tape
White Gelly Roll pen for doodling
Yellow Vellum for flowers
- After die cutting the parasol from black cardstock, I traced around it onto my design paper and cut it out just inside the pencil lines to use as the patterned backing of the parasol. Then glued the black die cut parasol over the patterned paper with Art Glitter glue.
- From the yellow vellum, I die cut two of the Cheery Lynn Tiny doilies, accordion folded them, pinched them closed at the bottom with some glue to form a flower base. Once they were dry, I snipped off the excess base, fluffed out the 'petals' and glued them to my card.
Here are a few other challenges I'd like to enter this card into:
DL.ART Thankful Thursday - SPRING
DL.ART April Linky Party - Anything Goes
DRS Designs - Paper Flowers
Fab 'n' Funky - April Showers
Jen's Digi Stamps - Spring
Paper Pretties - April Showers bring May Flowers
Ruby's Rainbow - Happy Birthday
Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .