Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Furry Friends

Hello everyone!  It's time for a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters.  
Today's challenge is all about ANIMAL ANTICS.
(open to your interpretation)

 I have chosen to create a couple of 'scenes' for you today.  This first card utilizes an older Stampin' Up set called "Nature Silhouettes".  I have created to background by first punching out a post it note masking circle for the moon then sponged TH 'Stormy Sky' distress ink for the sky and Momento 'Bamboo Leaves' for the background grass.  
Other items used on this card are:  Basic Grey 'Oxford' dp, organza black ribbon, SU photo corners, Joy Crafts #6003/0032 leaf die, Joy Crafts #6002/0137 grass die.

For this second creation, I have used the Gina K 'Wild About You' stamp set.  Again I created the background using masking and Tim Holtz distress inks.  The card base is of kraft paper and the giraffe dp was purchased at JoAnn's a lot while back.  Double faux stitching was done for added dimension.
Other Challenges:
DL.ART April Linky Party - Anything Goes

I hope you've enjoyed my cards today and you will come join in our challenge fun!  Hope to see you there!  Until then and as always . . .

5 comments:

  1. Awesome creations Darlene. So love the silhouette images and your colouring and designs are wonderful as always.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both! Great animal images, and I like your pop of green and all of your black embellies on the first one. That giraffe DP is way cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now these are wonderful masculine cards...love how you sponged the colrs and the masking.....now you might have "emabled" me to check out this challenge..thanks (I think)...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created some beautiful scene, Dar! Love em both. Hugs from hot n sunny FL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome masculine cards. I love what you did with both cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.