Thursday, April 4, 2013

Shelly's Images Challenge

Hello blogging friends!
Thanks for stopping by today!  I'm out in Indiana crafting with a group of friends so I hope Blogger behaves and does what it's supposed to do in my absence!

It's time for another challenge at Shelly's Images and our theme today is to use SCALLOPS and we are featuring Shelly's fabulous image called 'Field of Dreams'.


As usual, I was so involved in creating my card design, coloring, etc. that I forgot to look at what the actual challenge THEME was ... DUH!  So let's just say that my flowers are scallop ... yea, that works!! 

This is actually the SAME image which I've brought into WORD to create a pair of horses in the field.  My daughter says that a horse is always happier with a 'partner' so that is where my head was when working with this beautiful image.  
Of course when you are talking horses, my first thought goes to 'anything western' for my design.  Hence the barn beam and handkerchief design papers as well as the twine.  The faux stitching reminds me of the stitching on a saddle.  
(Kind of scarey knowing what goes on inside my head when I'm crafting, huh!  LOL!)

Inside of card with Shelly's Dream Tomorrow Sentiment
I hope you've enjoyed my creation today and maybe even drew a bit of inspiration from it.  Why not come join in our challenge fun at Shelly's Images and PLEASE come check out what the other team members have created for your inspiration ... I'm telling you these gals are AWESOME!!

Hope to see you there!

5 comments:

  1. hmmm....does someone need another visit to the corner for not following the challenge theme??? Did we not learn well enough the last time??? ;) Of course I am only kidding. I do think the flowers sort of work as a scallop. What a happy accident. :) I love the country feel with the wood grain paper and the addition of the twine. So perfect. And I love how you added a second horse to your project. Such a great example of the things you can do with digi stamps. Awesome work!!! I hope you are having a blast crafting with everyone. Tell them all hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Darlene.
    Have a nice weekend and hugs, marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darlene, thanks for stopping by and .leaving a comment. Your cards are gorgeous, I just love these horses and I agree, the faux stitching reminded me of a saddle - very clever design detail I thought.

    Take care

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.