Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Light of the World . . .

Hello Again My Friends!
Yep ... two posts for you today!  Finally found a window of time to play along in some challenges.  


The card I have to share with you was created for the fun technique challenge at Joan's Touch.


  • Use scenery stamp
  • Make a layer as I did above
  • any color
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens. 

  • This was a fun technique and one that I had totally forgotten about!  Love how it looks and I think my customers at the craft shows will too! In fact, I think I'll create a few more just for that purpose!
    Recipe for this card:
    Papers:  White cs, Black cs, DCWV Double Sided Basics Stack
    Image: Inkadinkado 'Down By The Seaside'
    Sentiment:  Our Daily Bread 'Light of the World'
    Accessories:  Spellbinder Nestabilities Seventeen, Kaiser pearls, Pop Dots, Spectrum Noir pencils, Versafine Black


    Joan used pop dots on all three layers for her sample card, but I chose to not pop up the bottom layer ... instead I decided to mat it onto black cardstock and build from there.

    Other challenges I'd love to share in are:
    Word Art Wednesday -Anything Goes
    Creating in Faith, Hope & Love - Anything Goes with a Bible Scripture
    Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
    Love to Create - Anything Goes

    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by again today!  I hope you have found inspiration in my creations and will give some of these fabulous challenges a try!

    I have a landscaping crew outside doing the heavy gardening work for me this year (cleaning out the weeds, re-edging all the beds, mulching and removing some of the bushes that didn't make it through our harsh winter [sigh!]) so I'd best go take a peek at the progress. 

    Have a FABULOUS Day!!

    18 comments:

    1. Great take on this card Darlene. I love it. your coloring is beautiful too.
      Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
      Joan
      www.joanstouch.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great card! Love your choice of stamps...coloring is lovely!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Great card, I love what you did with the scenery stamp. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

      ReplyDelete
    4. This is just beautifully done! The image is wonderful and the script of the scripture is great! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Very pretty Dar, especially with the touch of colors added and I like the black matting, too!! It use makes it stand out beautifully!! Have a good week.."see you" back "at the ranch" (LOL) on Sunday!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Just one beautiful card! I love the layers and your coloring is just perfect!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I just adore this card.....what lovely work..

      Fiona DT
      TTPH

      ReplyDelete
    8. Stunning! Thanks for joining at Addicted to Stamps Challange: Outdoors
      Hugs
      Dewi

      ReplyDelete
    9. Ooh! Beautiful layering on the image! FAb idea! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

      Mei
      LTC DT
      Creative Fingers DT 

      ReplyDelete
    10. Hi, Darlene! I hope you're doing well. Look at all these GORGEOUS layers. You're SO attentive to detail, and this is just lovely. Thanks for sharing in our challenge, and have a blessed week!
      Karen
      Word Art Wednesday

      ReplyDelete
    11. gorgeous card Darlene, beautiful scene and I love that technique. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month
      Claire xx

      ReplyDelete
    12. A lovely card,love the image, thanks for joining in the fun at TTPH.
      Good Luck
      Hugs Jo DT xxx

      ReplyDelete
    13. Darlene, your card is so pretty... and I love the sentiment. What a great job you did on the challenge at Joan's Touch! :o)
      Blessings, Ginny B

      ReplyDelete
    14. This is lovely. I passed on this challenge as I tried and could not get mine to look at all good. But you certainly aced it.

      ReplyDelete
    15. Darlene, your card is out-of-the-park fabulous! So beautifully done! Congratulations on your win!

      ReplyDelete
    16. Beautifully created, Darlene! Love how you did the layers of the image... such a neat technique. Your card is the winning card for my challenge (FHL#10). Please send me your mailing address, and I will send you some sweet blessings. Aloha and God Bless!!!

      Jen
      www.faithhopelove1cor13-13.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    17. Gorgeous card, great scene and technique. Thanks for joining us at Craft A Scene this month.

      Sue xx

      ReplyDelete
    18. Great stamping and layering technique! Can't wait to try this!! Your card and verse are just great! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
      Hugs
      Darcy

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
    Darlene