Monday, June 2, 2014

SFC2214 - Father's Day

Our new challenge today at Squigglefly is honoring DAD!

* Make a MANLY card for the guy in your life*


How cute is this doggy digi named 'Digger' by James Horvath!
Hubby loves dogs and since we don't actually have a dog, I thought he'd like this card for Father's Day!  I did buy him a dog a couple years ago for Christmas ... you know, one of those that looks real but isn't!  
No Mess ... my kind of dog!  LOL!  
But, I imagine, if we did have a dog, it would be a happy little guy just like Digger here!

My 'bone embellishment' was hand cut from a scrap of white card stock then sponged the edges with TH tea dye ink and a large sponge dauber.  Other than a flower in the corner ... I felt that was all the embellishment needed on this fun card.

A few additional challenges to share in:
Allsorts Challenge - For the Guys
Color Me Creative Challenge #93 - Father's Day/Boy Stuff
Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes
My Sheri Crafts - Anything Masculine

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Recipe:
Papers:  American Crafts 'Studio Calico' 6x6 paper pack, Red cs, White cs
Accessories:  Spellbinder 'Blooms One' #S2-044, JustRite 'Anchors Away' #CR-03710, White gelly roll pen for faux stitching, Pop Dots, Tim Holtz 'Tea Dye' distress ink, Large sponge dauber, Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, Fiskars swivel craft knife


11 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, I love digger! Fun and happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card thanks fort joining us at crafting at the weekend and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, look at the silly "nellie" dog, I know I know the dogs name is Digger, but it looks like Nellie to me..lol...super cute "guy" card, you are so good at those!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and a super image too.
    Thank you for sharing with Allsorts 'For The Guys' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the image! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week and we hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable image. Thanks for the smile in my day, and for playing along with our Guy Challenge at Color Me Creative. Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great image and you colored it up perfectly! Fun bg bone too - genius stuff! Cute!!! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card... great image! Love the colors

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm impressed with your hand cutting skills! I love that giant bone in the background, and your flower is so pretty! Wonderful coloring on this cute image. I think a real dog would be better, but this is 2nd best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card and that image. I went to the store and can't find "digger" in the store! Please help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! Thanks for your kind comment! DIGGER was released just yesterday (June 7th) please check back at the store under the artist name James Horvath. It should be listed and available for purchase sometime this week! Thanks for your interest!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene