Thursday, June 12, 2014

Wedding Season continues . . .

HELLO MY FRIENDS!
I've been having such a great time crafting today with Sisterhood friend Terri (Terri's Cards n' More),  that I nearly forgot to share the card I made for some of my favorite challenges.

Here's Terri ... I introduced her to 'stencilling' today ... YEP!  Now she's hooked!   She also made some fabulous cards which she'll be sharing on her blog later today/this week.  We also watched a few videos (to refresh our feeble minds) on using the Elizabeth Crafts products and made some pretty awesome background for future creations.

We just never know what we're going to get into when we get together and today it was stencils and glitter.  AND, NOW I REMEMBER why I don't do much with loose glitter!  YEP ... it's everywhere ... LOL!  Oh well ... we sure had fun and learned a few things along the way!


ANYWAYS ... Here's the card I'd like to share with you . . .


The challenges I had in mind when creating this card are as follows:
Joan's Touch #17 - Black & White + Dimension + Scallops + Product sold at Joan's Garden
Classy Cards n Such #36 - Make a Background


I have to admit I've gotten hooked on making these little flowers.  They are actually supposed to be gardenias but mine somehow look more like roses!  Either way they are so easy and look so fabulous ... especially on a special occasion card like this Wedding card.  (All dies used are listed below.)
And, of course you have to add some sparkle so I've added Diamond Stickles to the flowers as well as the background for the bride & groom.

Here's an even closer look of the sparkle placement.

Well, play time is over ... Terri has headed back home to make dinner for her hubby and I guess I'd better start thinking about doing the same here.  I'll be back a little later to share in a few other challenges.

I'M BACK AND HERE ARE THE CHALLENGES I'D LIKE TO SHARE IN:
Paper Creators Crafts - Wedding/Anniversary (entry #2) 
Die Cut Diva's June Challenge - Yours, Mine or Ours?  (Ours - Wedding) [entry #2]
The Crafting Cafe - Love and Marriage (entry #2)
My Time to Craft - No Design Paper (stencil for background) [entry #3]
CCEE Stampers - Roses
ScrapbookerPhD Challenge #11 - Use your die cuts
Southern Girls Challenge - Punches and Die Cuts
Sugar Creek Hollow #88 - Here Comes the Bride

I hope you've enjoyed seeing and been inspired by today's creation and will come join in these fun challenges.  OH and wanted to mention ... the stencil I used seemed sorta small for the background panel with this beautiful Marianne die set so I simple repositioned the stencil (once the original inking was done) around the outside border and sponged away ... gave it an entirely different look (almost zebra like, lol) and I like it!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you've had as good a time today as I have!
Aren't FRIENDS FABULOUS!!!  I'm so blessed!

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs
Dies:  Marianne #LR0236, Die Versions 'Trellis Whispers' #DVW353, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Fanciful Flourish' #B117S, 'Mini Fanciful Flourish Reverse' #B291, 'Tiny Fanciful Flourish' #B387, 'Gardenia Small' #B433
Accessories:  Memory Box Stencil 'Texture Ornate' #88514, Versafine Onyx ink, Large Sponge Dauber, Diamond Stickles, PunchBunch Flower Making Kit, McGill Foam Mat, Pop Dots, Martha Stewart 'Branch' punch


20 comments:

  1. Darlene, this is gorgeous. Your flowers are so pretty and I love the bride and groom. Is thst a die? Love it!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
    Joan
    www.joanstouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wedding card. Love your flowers - I love making my own flowers as well. Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Darlene! I love the silhouette couple & the background is stunning too!
    Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog & leave me a lovely comment!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How elegant and beautiful! I love the corner filled with the flourish of flowers. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful Dar....love the background...so glad you and Terri had so much fun...wish I could of been there..sigh!! The flowers are gorgeous...I love that die too, nothing like a homemade flower ...gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us this week at Classy Cards 'n such for our "Make Your Own Background" challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Darlene! I just love the silhouettes and the gorgeous roses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, very elegant, thanks for playing along at Paper Creator this week, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning card! Beautifully done. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an elegant card! A work of art! Thanks for joining us for this week's Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's Beautiful! I'm loving all your entries on the Die Cut Diva Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love the die cut and the flowers that you have used and the black and white looks so elegant together. Thanks for sharing Hugs Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous wedding card. Thank you for joining us this month at The Crafting Cafe Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This wedding card is divine, Darlene! What exquisite work! Thank you for sharing this beauty with the CCEE Stampers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just lovely. Wedding cards are so much fun to make. You can really go all out, and I love the black and white combination, especially with the stickles. Thanks for joining ScrapbookerPhD's die cut challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous wedding card! Love the black and white. So elegant. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Stencil It! Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the wedding couple you chose to use. Thank you for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning Wedding Card, beautiful details and central focus. Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a gorgeous card , I love your silhouette image and beautiful embellishments.
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, love all your die cuts, and details! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darlene this is SO elegant! I love everything about it from the lattice work to the flowers-so inspiring!! Thank you for sharing it with Southern Girls Challenge!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene