Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Double D - 'LEAVE' it to me!

Hello Friends!
It's time for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!

Team Darlene is hosting today and the theme is:

'LEAVE' it to me!
(Use leaves on your card/project.)

Here's the inspiration board I have created to help you get started . . .



 If you happen to live in an area (like me) where the leaves change color,
WOW what a treat each and every year!  I love the bright green of early spring leaves then in the Fall you are treated to such a beautiful array of color ... red, orange, yellow, green, brown ... some trees seem to glow in the dark they are so bright in their fall color.
Mother nature is amazing!

Here's what I came up with today ... hope you like it!



I started out by embossing a panel of watercolor paper using one of my new 6x6 We R Memory Keepers embossing folder for texture,  then used a variety of Tim Holtz oxide distress inks to brush on the background color.

Next came my 'fall' tree of color.
Starting with the Impression Obsession 'Split Tree' then I die cut various colors of leaves using the Impression Obsession 'Small Leaf' set (same set as today's prize offering).

I felt my scene needed a picket fence so reached for my Cheery Lynn Designs 'Victorian Picket Fence', which then required some pumpkins (Cheery Lynn Designs 'Fall Pumpkins').  And of course, you can't have a Fall/Halloween design without a black cat (Impression Obsession Cats).


Now that I look at it closer, I guess my cat would have been more comfortable down on the ground next to the pumpkins.  Oh well LOL ... you know you can find a cat laying around just about anywhere!!  Why not on a picket fence!  LOL
Lastly I needed a sentiment so I went with the Tutti Designs Word Set - Hello.  Which makes this card useful as just a note card or even a Fall Birthday card.

Please be sure to pop over to see the amazing creations the ladies have made to inspire you today!  I'm always so impressed with these ladies!!!  They leave me in awe with each & every challenge theme!

Challenges to share in:
CropStop October Challenge #33 - ATG using product carried at CropStop 
 Alphabet Challenge - P is for Pumpkin
 Brown Sugar Challenge #271 - Orange, Brown & Green
Scrapy Land Challenge #76 - ATG using product carried at their store
 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #7 - ATG with a critter (cat)
Animal Friends Challenge #55 - Autumn/Halloween must have animal (cat)

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!
Here's what I have up for grabs to one lucky random draw winner.




But, you need to play to win!!  LOL

Hope to see you there!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.