Sunday, January 25, 2009

FS103 - Vicky Gould


Today's Featured Stamper on SCS is Vicky Gould. Vicky is not only a GREAT stamper/crafter, but is always ready with a kind word on your work. She is so deserving of this honor today!! Vicky's card PERFECT FORM is the card I chose to case. I kept her layout, but changed the theme and colors.
My images are from two Crafty Secrets sets. The bras and sentiment are from the "Support the Girls" set and the garters are from the "Sew Special" set. I stamped the bras on a piece of vanilla cs using Versafine black ... then stamped the images again on scraps of designer paper I had lying on my table and paper pieced them onto the main panel. The garters were stamped with Versafine black and embossed with clear embossing powder before I cut them out using my swivel craft knife. The background paper is also a scrap I had on my table from the DCWV Luxury pack. The brads are "sugar-coated" by Doodlebug and the ribbon is by Darice. So, what do you think?? I have so many friends that have been so supportive through my DH's cancer treatments that I don't know which one to send this too ... have to give that some thought!! (or make quiet a few more, LOL)!
Thanks for stopping by ... please come back again!!
DH update: Mark had I.C.E. chemo again this weekend and we just arrived back from the hospital a short time ago. He had a bit of a rough time during the night with nausea & vomiting and didn't get much rest ... so he's in his own bed now and resting comfortably! We're not exactly sure what the next step is ... but I'm sure they will let us know!! We also don't know how he'll respond to this current treatment ... time will tell. Either way, we're still keeping a positive attitude and taking it one step at a time. With the wonderful, positive thoughts & prayers from all of you ... I have no doubt we'll get though this ... JUST FINE!! Thanks for your prayers and I ask that you keep them coming ... they're so helpful!! Bless You All!!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry your DH had such a hard time with the chemo. Poor guy, he has just been through so much. I love your card. Its so cute! And your right, Vicki is so deserving of the honor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene,
    Continuing to pray for you and DH. I pray that this round is easier and gets better. I pray for strength for you to get through this. It's so hard to watch someone you love be sick. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been keeping you and Mark in my prayers. Being a cancer patient myself, I can empathize.
    I LOVE your card! Those garters are perfect! Whoever is the recipient of it will feel the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, that is cute! What a great stamp set, and I'm sure you'll get good use out of! Hope Mark is feeling a little better today! Make sure you rest, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about you! Great card this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my what a fun card! I remember ironing bras like these and everything else for that matter! Glad that era is long gone! Thanks for the memory.

    Praying for your dh that his chemo is successful and that you both have strength to endure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.