Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Challenge Card fun ...

It is nearly 3 pm here in NE Ohio and it is STILL SNOWING! I see some of my neighbors out shovelling and snowblowing but I'm going to wait just a while longer until it slows up a bit before I venture out. SO ... in the mean time, here are a couple of challenge cards I had fun doing.



First card was for the Sketch Challenge over on SCS. I just received my new Crafty Secrets stamps this week and was so anxious to get them inky!! This set is SO much fun ... several pieces that can be used to make you own background panels and that is exactly what I've done here. The red polka dot paper is by Rusty Pickle and the other panels I made myself.




Don't forget, there are only a couple days left in the Crafty Secrets "Get Creative With Clear Art Stamps" . Make sure you check it out and join in!! There is $200 worth of prizes to be won and YOU could be a WINNER!!! Contest ends Friday, Jan. 30th. HURRY!!!





My second card today is for the Color Throwdown Challenge. We were to use Real Red, Basic Black & Brocade Blue. Mind you, this is not what I had in mind when I started this card ... I am definately NOT a Modern Styled designer but I'm actually quite happy with the outcome.


The background designer paper is a 12x12 DCWV sheet which I cut to fit an A-6 size premade white card. The designer paper was actually BLACK & WHITE. I decided to color in some of the flowers with markers to match today's color request. Over the weekend I purchased some new Nestabilities ... here I've used the "Label Two" set and I also purchased this Sizzix Corner Design diecut for a whopping $4 from a local scrapbooking store that is going out of business. I originally had a different focus image on this card but decided I didn't like it so used the Prima flowers and Making Memories brads instead. I like it much better now!! What do you think?? This may NOT be my typical style, but sometimes it's good to "think out of the box" and try new things.


Thanks so much for stopping by and please come back later when I hope to have a couple more challenge cards ready for you! Right now ... I'd better get the snowblower fired up and at least get the driveway cleared once before it gets filled in again, LOL!!


DH update: Mark has had a couple "bad" days since his weekend ICE chemo. He's fighting with nausea and exhaustion the most. Yesterday he never got out of bed to even eat anything until after 6 pm and then he didn't eat much. Today he's trying to work a little on his computer but just gets worn out so fast ... hasn't been able to get much accomplished! Hopefully tomorrow will be even better. Our trip to Cleveland Clinic for tomorrow has been cancelled for the present time. He is scheduled for a PET-CT on Monday the 2nd and then we'll got from there. If the results show that he is presently in remission ... we've been told that they will MOVE QUICKLY onto the transplant. I'll keep you posted. Please keep the prayers coming ... we certainly appreciate every one of them!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that little girl with her hand in the cookie jar is so sweet! And I love your Throwdown card! Very "not you" but still awesome!

    Sorry to hear Mark's having a rough week! Keep us posted, and keep your chin up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous, love how you colored the dp, now why didnt I think of something like that ??:)
    I am sorry to hear about Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear your DH is having such a rough time. I know its hard. I love the crafy secrets card! Such sweet images! I'll have to put that set on my wish list! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! It looks like my daughter - always eating cookies! LOL! I"m so glad to hear good news about your DH! I hope to keep hearing more!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.