Sunday, January 18, 2009

Still Snowing -- Time to Play

It's still snowing here in NE Ohio and I've been enjoying being in the house and time to play! Here are a few cards I made just playing around after visiting one of my favorite local stamping stores. (click on any image for a larger view)


This first card is very quick & easy. And actually could have been a lot nicer if I'd taken my time and my gelly roll would have cooperated !!! I've seen this technique used before but just never remember to do it myself! So after seeing it yesterday, I came home a did a quick card just to have as a reference for future use! The main thing I picked up here was to use the white gelly roll pen along with the black embossed flourishes to really make them stand out. You could use ANY sentiment on the side and could certainly add more embellishments to suit the occassion!! The flourishes image I used here is by Hero Arts and the sentiment is by Art Impressions.



This next card was fun to do and also very easy!! I purchased this Art Impressions image yesterday and couldn't wait to make a card with it. I bought it because my first thought was "Wow, what a great image for GUY cards" ! All I've done here is stamp the image on vanilla cs using SU Pacific Point ink ... then colored in the ship with a blender pen while the ink was still wet. The sentiment & birds are from a set I've had sitting around ready to cut & mount for months ... by Cornish Heritage Farms. I framed it using a "scrap Nestabilities negative" that I had from another project then using makeup applicators and chalk, I did the sky. Added a couple ribbons (guys like ribbons, right???) and tadah ... complete!



For my last card (on this post) I've used a card idea I saw at this same stamping store since I realized I owned the same stamps as on her sample. These cute birdies is a stamp by Magenta. The sentiment is Art Impressions and the branch is by Stampendous. Again, very quick & easy ... all 3 images are stamped on a piece of vanilla cs ... colored in using SU watercolor pencils and a blender pen. The gingham ribbon is by Offray. See ... easy peasy!!



Thanks so much for stopping by ... please come back!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene! Just love the card with the four birds on a rope on it - just so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.