Thursday, February 19, 2009

I like to share with you ...

... what I've been up to the last few days.



I was visiting my sister at her hair salon the other day and was showing her a few of my projects. Including the box set of monogram cards I made for my sister-in-law (shared a few postings back). She loved them and ask if I'd make some for her to sell there at the shop. Here are the 3 sets I have ready and I have 3 more sets cut out and ready to put together. I'm trying to use the letters that I think would be most useful for either a first or last name.




She also commented that she thought Easter cards would be well received by her customers. They like something "unique" ... and would I make some up for her. So that evening I pulled out the few Easter stamps I have and stamped off a few images. This image is by Paper Inspirations and I decided to use this same image but color and mount it 3 different ways. (click for larger view)




Today I had a couple of hours to sit at the hospital while DH was having another bone marrow aspiration (OUCH!) so I decided to take along my inking nibs, various SU inks and a couple other images which I've also stamped off onto white glossy paper using India Ink Black. I figured I'd use the time to get them colored in, since that is the time consuming part anyways, then this afternoon/evening I put together these cards. What do you think??
The little duckie image is by Great Impressions and the egg & flowers image is by Northwood Rubber Stamps. I've used colored vellum on both duckie cards as well as the purple background egg card. Do you think they are TOO BRIGHT??? I'm thinking I'd best make a few cards that are done with pastels. Either way ... this is what I've been up to the past few days. Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to come back tomorrow when I'll share my creation for Sharon Johnson's "Stamp Simply Challenge".
Update on DH: As I mentioned, today he had a bone marrow aspiration as well as 8 tubes of blood drawn ... then on Monday, he's scheduled for a pulmonary function test & echo cardiogram ... and sometime this week, chest x-rays. These are all preliminary tests prior to the stem cell harvesting process (which isn't scheduled yet). I must tell you, Mark hasn't yet decided if he wants to go through with the stem cell transplant. The risks involved have him giving this some serious thought before giving the final okay!! Again I ask you, my friends, to pray that the Lord will guide him in this decision.

9 comments:

  1. Love the box sets you made Darlene! I am keeping you and Mark in my thoughts. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness gracious!!! Have you been a busy beaver!!! These are all just wonderful and how FUN that your sister wants to sell them in her shop!!! Good luck!!! They are beautiful and will be well-received, I am sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're card sets are great, I'm sure they will do well and I love the image of the duck with the flowers - in fact, as soon as I'm done posting this comment - I'm going looking for it. Take care, you're both in my thoughts, I know this is a heavy decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sets are gorgeous, as are all the individual cards you've done! You have been a busy lady!! :)
    Will continue to keep you and Mark in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See what I mean?? A-d-d-i-c-t-i-v-e! HA HA I'm sure you will be in the business of personalized monograms very soon! Am praying for God to speak loudly to you both in these decisions. I must tell you, a friend of my son's had the stem cell transplant and is a living miracle today - 4 years later. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards are beautiful, I'm sure they will sell. I do hope your husband is feeling better, what you both must be going through and you still have the energy to inspire us! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! You found a way to sell your cards! I'm so happy for you! I love the Easter cards! They are so pretty. Sorry to hear about all that Mark is going thru. I know he has suffered so much. I understand why he may be hesitating on having the stem cell transplant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great opportunity! I hope these sell like hotcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck with your card sales...and good luck to your hubby too! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.